Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to eat/when/how much/what kind/ect

Devon1299

High End Bro
Platinum
Hello everyone. I've been a member of this board for a while now. Have some more questions. Alot of my friends are using supplements now, about my age (15). I'm not sure yet if I should start using them. I'm 124 pounds, and 5 foot 7. I've gained about 11 pounds now, give or take a few. I've been working out for about 3.5 weeks too. When will I know to start the supplement use? Sorry if this is a redundant question.
Not to mention my mom is CONSTANTLY bitching at me about me eating tuna straight outta the can. Is it better to eat the whole can of tuna or put half of it on bread? I'm also going to order some books online, could anyone recommend some decent titles? I'm looking for books about diet, and free weight lifting. Thanks in advance.

a lot of people will tell you that this is a bad diet and that carbs are bad, but here's my diet and it works whether you want to get big or get cut. The outline is 60% carbs, 30% protein 10% fat. When I wake up in the morning I eat 60g of carbs, 30g protein and about 5g fat. The carbs are complex(oatmeal). Then about 2 hours later I lift, after you lift your muscles need their glycogen storages refilled and therefore I drink a lot of carbs, about 70g of carbs and 25g of protein. My next meals are the same ratio of c/p/f except all of my carbs are from vegtables and fruit. Now I realize there are many people out there who don't like high carb diets, but as a weightlifter, you need carbs. For example, if you did the keto diet, your body would use protein for energy and therefore it would have nothing to build new muscle with. With this diet, your body uses carbs for energy and uses protein to build more muscle. Carbs are neither good nor bad really(there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate) they are just energy and the more active you are the more you need.

Everyone thinks carbs are evil. They are not! I eat tons of carbs and I am cut. I ate tons of carbs when I was cutting also. You gotta just do plenty of cardio and weight lifting if you want to lose weight.

What are your goals, to drop fat or add mass?

All you have to do to add mass is eat around at least 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, while eating in i'd say about an excess of 1000 calories over your BMR, which for you, your bmr (weight times 12 usually) is only about 1500 calories at your weight. I don't know though if it should be higher becaus of your age or what. So anyway, you, personally, from what I know, would have to eat around 2500 calories a day then if you're working to add mass. try to make it a balanced diet, like 40/40/20 (40% total calories coming from protein, 40 from carbs, and 20 from fat). Divide up the ratios between 6 meals per day. Here, I just did a quick calculation, and you should be taking in 40 grams of protein, 40 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of fat per meal, 6 times a day, if you did the 40/40/20 thing. See what your gains are like from that. If you're putting on too much fat (get a body fat test done once a month to see what's up) then adjust your diet, just lower your carb intake, shoot for something like 40/30/30 (yes raising fat, your body might be storing fat because it's not getting enough in the diet) or try dropping total calories period, base the formula around a 2300 calorie a day diet or so..And tell your mom to screw off if she has a problem with you eating tuna out the can, tell her come to this site and read up on what bodybuilders eat and how much. I eat about 2 or sometimes 3 cans of tuna a day out of the can.

For example, if you did the keto diet, your body would use protein for energy and therefore it would have nothing to build new muscle with. With this diet, your body uses carbs for energy and uses protein to build more muscle.
by:sixtythirtyten

Wow, hold on there cowboy; I would say you need to do some reading before posting something like that. In 'Ketosis' you produced, well, simply, 'Ketones'. Go do a search on a search engine for Ketones and maybe you will uderstand where I am coming from. The 'Ketones' produced are protein sparing and are used as energy by the body; after a certain time, (usually 3 weeks) as sufficiently as carbs would be used. Now, you have to understand that I am not putting you down, but please don't state wild theories without any back up evidence. Remember, this is a Discussion board based on facts and not philosophycal theories.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom