Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is your daily beauty routine...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
I will go first :)

Morning shower wash my face moisturize brush my teeth after brushing I put on CO Bigelow medicated mentha lip remedy.

Makeup my face:
1. Oil control lotion and primer
2. Prime my eyes
3. Line my eyes top waterline always
4. Eye shadow that is different almost everyday
5. Clean up under eye any fall out
6. Then apply conceller
7. Foundation
8. Apply Chanel bronze universal (omg I love this stuff)
9. Set bronzer with Benefit Hoola
10. Set face with powder.
11. Apply blush
12. Fill in brows
13. Put on mascara
14. Line lips
15. Lips gloss or lipstick (depends changes daily too)

My hair depends I only wash it 2-3 times a week. I use dry shampoo on days I do not wash. Days I wash process is much longer.

At night:

1. Brush teeth
2. Use eye makeup remover
3. Wash my face
4. Toner
5. Moisturize face and lips

OMG, really?! Wow.

I try to remember to brush my teeth every day, I wash my face when I shower. I wear makeup for special occasions ...

See what working from home and being married does to you?

OMG, really?! Wow.

I try to remember to brush my teeth every day, I wash my face when I shower. I wear makeup for special occasions ...

See what working from home and being married does to you?

It makes me feel good :) Even being out work the last week I don't do full on make up like I would for work... tinted moistrizure, bronzer, mascara, lip gloss and I am good to go.

There are some other benifits Could Wearing Makeup Make Women Less Accident-Prone?: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com
Potential bummer for those of you who say you don't wear any makeup: According to a new study, older women (ages 65 to 85) who apply makeup daily are less likely to take a tumble than their bare-faced counterparts, perhaps because the actual act of applying cosmetics improves coordination. Are you buying this?

I know, it sounded a little bananas to me at first, too--but I suppose super-tedious activities like applying eye and lip liner could potentially up one's hand-eye coordination quotient. According to the Telegraph, though, the L'Oreal-affiliated researchers also believe that makeup application may serve as a form of stretching for older women. Now, let's not get crazy. I can see how doing a blowout or roller-set would work the wrists and biceps, but I can't think of any makeup-related activities that could remotely qualify as exercise.

Well, I guess maybe it's at least one reason we shouldn't worry about girls starting to wear makeup at an earlier age? What do you guys think of this news--silly, or intriguing? Does your grandma still meticulously apply her makeup and do her hair every day? I feel like that generation is just so much more glamorous than ours...I'll probably give up makeup entirely when I hit 70 and be one of those hippie grandmas with the really long gray braid.

i brush my teeth
then shower
i wash my face in the shower, i use 2 cleansers, one for eyes and one for face (both neutrogena)
after shower i use 2-3 diff moisturizers on my face, one for eyes (L'Oreal) and one for face (Oil of Olay) and depending on how my skin tone looks, i use a 3rd moisturizer that is lightly tinted to even out skin (neutrogena)
makeup is very minimal: (at times) pressed powder, line top lid (at times, not always), curl eyelashes, mascara.
then i always am wearing chapstick.
that's it.
LOL

My beauty routine is not extensive. However, I have tried a lot of products & managed to get my routine down to a science. The following is what works best for me. I listed all the stuff I use & if we aren't supposed to list names of products, Mods fee free to delete the names out. Don't want anyone to think I'm spamming. Just being anal & thorough.

Morning:

- Rinse face with water only, no cleanser
- Apply a very thin layer of La Prairie Nurturing Cream to entire face except eye area
- Gently pat Clarins Eye Contour Gel around eyes, it reduces puffiness & circles instantly. Luv it because it is 80% plant extract & is soothing
- La Prairie Caviar Foundation in Honey Beige. Best foundation I've tried & stays put on your face for 12+ hours. I've slept w/ it & it looks perfect the next day. Pricey but, a bottle lasts for about 1 year.
- Fill in brows with either MAC Velvetone pencil or Chanel Noir brow pencil. Both of those products have great staying power if you sweat.
- Light coat of mascara for everyday, maybe 2 coats. I really like Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash mascara & Chanel Sculpting Extreme Lengths mascara
- Apply lipgloss to lips. I have a ton of gloss but, use mostly MAC lipglass, Chanel Glossimers & Lip fusion lip products.

** That is my everyday routine if I'm working or running errands. However, when I go out at night I vamp it up & add eyeliner, eyeshadow & lip liner to the mix.

Night:

- Remove eye makeup with Clarins Instant Eye Makeup remover. That stuff removes eye makeup quick.
- Wash face with Chanel Precision Foaming Mousse cleanser. It removes every trace of my foundation & works well on my oily skin.
- 1x a week I use Lancome Exfoliance Clarte Exfoliating Clarifying Gel as an exfoliating treatment. Makes my skin really soft & smooth.

After I wake up and "put my eyes in", I take a shower. I use a tea tree oil soap on my face (never regular body soap) and exfoliate with a washcloth. If I have lots of dead skin I use St. Ives sensitive skin apricot scrub. I wash my hair three times/week with Pantene pro-v colour revival shampoo and conditioner (highlight/colour junkie here)
Then I put in a Got 2 B heat/styling protector on hair, blow dry and flat iron or curl hair depending on patience level. Curling hair really gets me anxious for some reason, mainly because my hair holds a curl for like five minutes.

Work day:
Then I put on my Physician's Formula mineral translucent powder, Cover Girl or L'Oreal blush,and I fill in my eyebrows with a very light brown pencil. I think it's Maybelline. Then I do an all over wash of a light colour on my eyelids, contour with a slightly darker colour and highlight the browbone. I line both upper and lower lids. Then I put on two coats of mascara. Then I put on lip balm and lipstick Cover girl-"Its your mauve" lolololol
It's a lot but I work in a large law firm and am expected to look "done".
Weekend: same shower routine, maybe I blow dry my hair, maybe I let it airdry depending on time constraints. I usually wear the powder and mascara. I switch things up and use lip gloss (fruit jelly or something peachy) or just lip balm.
I'm a hard core lip balm junkie and always always carry one- Nivea Hydrocare

I didn't say the eyeshadow names because I have to many to mention, and am not loyal to any one brand here

I wake up, brush my teeth, shower, comb my hair and leave... you dont get good crap here in CR for cleansing, moisturizing, etc and what you can get is very expensive, like 20% of your salary each expensive... :worried:
I do have some products left from last time I went to the US, some bumble and bumble products, L'oreal make up and neutrogena cleansers... Since my eyesight deteriorated I stopped wearing eye make up, I need one of those cute practical mirrors with light so I can sit, and get the image expanded at least 3x to apply make up right...

Morning
1) Brush and floss teeth
2) Wash face with gentle, non-detergent cleanser
3) Application of homemade C-serum (water, l-ascorbic acid, glycerin)
wait 1/2 hour then
4) Apply sunscreen 70 spf uva and uvb
5) Usually just a Dollar Store pressed powder. Otherwise if going out anywhere special I curl lashes and apply mascara.

Night
1) Wash face with same cleanser
2) Brush and floss teeth
3) Hydroquinone for spot lightening
4) Castor oil on eyelashes
5) Tazorac
wait a half hour then
6) Application of Avocado oil

When I wash hair, and this will sound gross, but I only do this around every 4-5 days...I use baking soda on my scalp (rub in then rinse) followed by a conditioner wash (no detergent shampoo, just a conditioner).

What does the C-serum do? What does the ascorbic acid do? What's the avocado oil for?
Just curious, I like messin' around with my skin...

Morning
1) Brush and floss teeth
2) Wash face with gentle, non-detergent cleanser
3) Application of homemade C-serum (water, l-ascorbic acid, glycerin)
wait 1/2 hour then
4) Apply sunscreen 70 spf uva and uvb
5) Usually just a Dollar Store pressed powder. Otherwise if going out anywhere special I curl lashes and apply mascara.

Night
1) Wash face with same cleanser
2) Brush and floss teeth
3) Hydroquinone for spot lightening
4) Castor oil on eyelashes
5) Tazorac
wait a half hour then
6) Application of Avocado oil

When I wash hair, and this will sound gross, but I only do this around every 4-5 days...I use baking soda on my scalp (rub in then rinse) followed by a conditioner wash (no detergent shampoo, just a conditioner).

What does the C-serum do? What does the ascorbic acid do? What's the avocado oil for?
Just curious, I like messin' around with my skin...

Vitamin C is a key component of collagen, the substance that binds cells together, and makes for healthy, vibrant, and youthful looking skin. Collagen relies on vitamin C for its stability, so that it can fight wrinkles, restore radiance, and even out the skin tone and texture. Vitamin C also functions as an antioxidant, protecting the skin from damaging free radicals. However, these effects vary by the vitamin's potency. Like any vitamin, it is subject to degradation by air exposure. Therefore, its form and packaging have been developed to deliver utmost effectiveness, hence it is usually packaged in skin care as L-ascorbic acid or ascorbyl palmitate. These derivative forms make it possible to benefit from vitamin C's topical application.

Based on anecotal accounts, many peeps believe the only topicals a person really needs (besides a sunblock) is a good c-serum and a retinol. I use the DIY C-serum because it's cheaper in the long run, and you can make small dosages to avoid oxidation issues. The c-serum should also be applied before any moisterizer to give it a chance to seep into the tissue.

Avocado Oil

It is high in sterolins, which help to reduce age spots and help heal sun damage and scars. It is the sterolins (also called plant steroids) in the oil that help to soften the skin and which impart a superior moisturizing effect.

For this reason it is an ideal ingredient to include when formulating a product for people with dehydrated, sun or climate damaged skin, as it is an extremely good moisturizing and nourishing compound, assisting in the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin.

Avocado oil is easily absorbed into deep tissue, and with its wonderfully emollient properties.

Although it is classed as a vegetable oil, the avocado is really a fruit since it has a stone - but none-the-less it can yield a staggering 30% oil. This rich and nourishing oil deeply penetrates into deep skin tissue. It is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2 and D, lecithin, potassium as well as vitamin E.

In its crude, unprocessed form it has a green color, as it still contains natural chlorophyll. It is classified as a mono-unsaturated oil and is very useful when treating sun or climate damaged skin, that is dehydrated and undernourished, as it helps with regenerating and rejuvenating the skin and softening the tissue.

Typically avocado oil contains the following fatty acid:

* palmitic
* palmitoleic
* stearic
* oleic
* linoleic
* linolenic.

In a study done at the Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in 1991, it was found that avocado oil significantly increases the amount of collagen in the skin - which normally is under attack as we grow older.

And Trex, since you already do a form of Oil Cleansing with tea tree oil, you could also use avocado for the same purpose. :)

Top Bottom