Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is a Ketogenic diet?

Nina

Hi, I'm a lady has always been on "normal" diets. I recently started doing some weight lifting as a mean for getting slimmer. I obviously do cardio also and I'm very interested in getting a good diet to help me reduce my weight by some 29 lbs. I'm doing some research and found that a lot of you guys talk about the Ketogenic diet. Exactly what is a Ketogenic diet?
Thank you!!:)

It's eating 80% fat and 20% protein and no carb....

that's to accustom your body to burn fat and not carbohydrates ...

it's also about eating "good" fat or fat that will not solidify ... in order to get rid of "bad" or solidified fat ...

good fat - flax oil, omega-3 , fish oil, peanut butter ...

I'm not sure if it is 80% fat 20% protein, I have never heard that but the main thing is cutting out the carbs and only eating fat and protein. I am interested to learn about the rational behind the 80fat 20pro.

-Dean

I go 50% protein 50% fat. I have read that the purpose for 80% fat was so that your body would get to where it "preferd" to burn fat for energy as opposed carbs or protein. I don't buy into this theory. Yes you want to burn fat not protein but the fat I want it to burn is on my body not in my stomach. I feel that the higher protein helps prevent muscle loss while in ketosis. I have never had protein throw me out of ketosis. If I could get my body to prefer to burn fat over protein, muscle, and carbs I'd flat quit eating till my bf got to 5%.

Top Bottom