Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

What fear would you conquer if you could?

crimson coal

New member
I am a person who tries to conquer his fears and have been lucky enough to conquer 2 of them....My fear of Heights (took up skydiving)and getting knocked out (got myself knocked out a few times). If you could conquer any of your fears what would they be?
 
fear of failure

In my life I have decided against doing certain things simply because I feared I might fail. Trying my best to overcome this with a slight degree of success lately.
 
Definitely the fear of failure... I am so afraid that I am going to fail at something..that I dont try my best because I think that no matter what I do I am going to fail. I really need to get over this....:(
 
Heights and sharks. Mostly heights where I don't have a harness attached to me.

Was afraid of needles but 2 tattoos make that fear go away quick.
 
Last edited:
defnitely the fear of rejection, fear of other people dying, fear of having my belly button touched....oh and the fear of being "found out." do any of you ever feel like, "if people REALLY knew me they wouldnt really like me?" or am i just pathetic?
 
Newbie2building said:
defnitely the fear of rejection, fear of other people dying, fear of having my belly button touched....oh and the fear of being "found out." do any of you ever feel like, "if people REALLY knew me they wouldnt really like me?" or am i just pathetic?



All of those, except for the belly button one.:confused:

I always try to hard to please people instead of just being myself. Once I feel comfortable enough with someone to be myself, it's all good.:)
 
Fear of failing as a parent.

I can't control what my kids might do or try when they get older. I can only raise them to the best of my abilities and teach them right from wrong. For them to make seriously bad decisions will make me feel I have failed......but my love for them is unconditional.
 
I would love to face my fear of rejection, failure, and yes Newbie, I know what you are talking about!!

How I go about this, I don't know... I figure if I did, they wouldn't be a fear!!
 
i guess we have to like ourselves more before we will believe that others will like us the way we are.

do you ever wonder at what moment you started to believe that you werent okay just the way you are?
 
Newbie2building said:
defnitely the fear of rejection, fear of other people dying, fear of having my belly button touched....oh and the fear of being "found out." do any of you ever feel like, "if people REALLY knew me they wouldnt really like me?" or am i just pathetic?

This may scare you even more, but some people won't like you at all once they really get to know you. In fact, there will be people who hate your guts for no other reason than just "being you."

On the plus side, it's quite liberating when you don't care what other people think.

What's up the bellybutton thing? That's odd and freakish in an endearing kind of way....

As for the original question in this thread, for me it's fear of failure and fear of change. I'm comfortable where I am now, and that is a huge danger for me -- I'm afraid that I won't be able to push myself to new heights. It's so much easier to just chill out and let life go on as it always has.
 
Taps said:

it's fear of failure and fear of change. I'm comfortable where I am now, and that is a huge danger for me -- I'm afraid that I won't be able to push myself to new heights. It's so much easier to just chill out and let life go on as it always has.

Ditto here, that summed it up for me.
 
Taps said:


This may scare you even more, but some people won't like you at all once they really get to know you. In fact, there will be people who hate your guts for no other reason than just "being you."

On the plus side, it's quite liberating when you don't care what other people think.

id rather know for certain that someone doesnt like me than wonder. thats just crazy-making. as for the belly button thing.....i just cant help it....gives me the creeps!
 
PURE EXTRACT said:
I'm like an elephant...I'm scared of really tiny creatures.

Haha...I am the exact opposite!!
I live in Wisconsin, and I must admit I am scared of cows. Large, dumb creatures is a dangerous combination IMO.

I am also scared of small spaces, or being trapped/cornered. I know...I am silly. :mix:

But the worst would probably be being idle for too long. My theory is you can only tread water for so long before you sink..

~toga
:angel:
 
naturally anabolic said:
well there goes my chance of making love to you in the closet toga....:o LOL

Haha...you are probably right. I wouldn't be able to breathe...lol

It has been awhile since I have been on AIM... Hmmm...I guess I should use it more often.


Happy Scrappy....Would you consider the man in your avatar to have "the searching gaze"? If so, I would have to agree with you!! :)

~toga
:angel:
 
toga22 said:

Happy Scrappy....Would you consider the man in your avatar to have "the searching gaze"? If so, I would have to agree with you!! :)

hmmm, I guess so, maybe. just a reference to a freudian thing.
 
HappyScrappy said:


hmmm, I guess so, maybe. just a reference to a freudian thing.


***WHOOSH!!!****

Sorry....it went right over my head....

I am not very quick...but I am a fast learner...lol
 
I do still have a fear of spiderwebs. We have these big assed Garden spiders that make their webs early in the morning. I came outside and walked through my patio only to have a huge spiderweb get wrapped around my face and head. I freaked out and started spaszing at the air waving my hands and arms around clawing at my face in the front yard. I really scared the neighbors. (They thought I was on acid or somthing) Ever since then I avoid em like the plague.
 
crimson coal said:
I do still have a fear of spiderwebs. We have these big assed Garden spiders that make their webs early in the morning. I came outside and walked through my patio only to have a huge spiderweb get wrapped around my face and head. I freaked out and started spaszing at the air waving my hands and arms around clawing at my face in the front yard. I really scared the neighbors. (They thought I was on acid or somthing) Ever since then I avoid em like the plague.


:FRlol: :FRlol:


I hear ya man. I hate to walk into a spider web on my way to work. I'll start wiping it off and looking around my back and stuff to see if a spider got on me.
 
Top Bottom