Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what does 5x5 mean

ArvelCoulpht

I started the gym two weeks ago and I have very short knowledge on what movements or routine to do for bulking, so I asked the biggest guys at the gym on tips and movements that help me get bigger faster, they said do lots of 5x5 at least 4 days a week and they kept working out lol, so I had to walk away with the doubt of what 5x5 means, if you don't mind guys please explain it to me, thanks.

stronglifts 5X5 is what they are talking about and that should be what every newb does his first few years in the gym if you want to build a strong core/base. notice a lot of your friends spend half the time curling their pink weights in front of the mirror and go nowhere. that isn't by accident. in fact in this program you never curl

the 5 exercises you are going are squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press, and barbell row. so basically 3X a week you workout, doing squats each time and choosing 2 of the others, then the next workout you do squats and the other 2. and then switch back. hope this makes sense

combine that with a proper diet and intensity and you will build a strong base.

Stronglifts actually has a good app for your smart phone. Get it and that way you can track your workouts and make sure you are progressing properly. Great choice to run this program when starting out at the gym. Really learn to do the movements properly.

I made mountainous gains on SL5x5. And that was before the app made it easy! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5x5 is one of the best programmes for beginners.

This way not only you will build a lot of strength, but will also pack on considerable amount of muscle.

You could supplement with creatine with this program if you wish. 5-10grams per day of monohydrate or just 3 caps of Ancient Strength from n2bm. It will help to push those final reps.

Top Bottom