Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What am I missing for a complete full body routine

decoboy

I am doing the 5x5 program increasing weight by 5lbs a week I always do one extra set on the last day of the week with the extra weight to begin the following week, it feel right but I think I'm missing something.

Routine: 5x5 in order
Bench press
Bent over barbell row
Overhead dumbbell press
Stiff leg dead lift
Barbell curled
Calf raises
Squats 2x5
Dumbbell row 5x5

I do a full routine 3 days a week and don't split it up.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but you're saying you do/would like to do all of these for each workout with 5 working sets of each exercise? And you don't want to split these up among different days? Maybe you can explain that a little further because the way it is now, you won't be worth anything by the time you get half way down that list each day.

I do 5reps 5x on each exercise. Unless I'm doing something wrong or not using enough weight I can finish this in about 60-75min

Am I doing the 5x5 routine wrong?

Should be an A day and B day. Day off in between.

A. Squat 5*5, Bench 5*5, Bent over Row 5*5
B. Light squat 5*5, OHP 5*5, Deadlift 2*5

Should look abit like this. Squats, press, and back three days a week. I personally added pullups and dips on my B day.
If you're doing the volume above that you listed you're prob not going heavy enough on each exercise and taking time to get good form. That is if you are trying to do the true 5*5 routine. Now if you want to make your own thats fine but I would split it up different from what you have IMO. Check out stronglifts.com, they have the 5*5 along with other routines you may like and an explanation of them.
From My Droid MoFo!

Yeah you need 1-2 days rest for each muscle group to repair. The growing doesn't happen in the gym its afterwards. The muscles repair at rest. If you go 3x times a week - Focus leg one day, chest/tris/delts, back and bis - thats what i normally do if i can only go 3x times per week!

Top Bottom