Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WeightTraining

ChristianDom96

Ive been training for bout a yr Im in weight training at my school and i want to get into powerlifting and i eat healthy. My stats are I'm 15yrs old 5' 4" 153lbs. My main question is to get into powerlifting ive been doing some research and i wanted to know if powerlifters eat like pro bodybuilders or do they just eat anything bc i see that alot of them are fat and have high bf percentages

if you are gonna join the weightlifting team in high school there is gonna be weight classes.. so you must be as low weight as you can be and still be strong for your size if that makes sense.

i was in the 129 weight class in high school, hard to believe i was able to stay that trim but i was probably 5% bf.. we would run 45 minutes in 90 degree heat and workout 45 minutes 6X per week. and i knew to stay away from sweets, although my diet was substandard which is normal for a kid making minimim wage.

now if you want to be a strongman thats a different story, those guys eat everything that moves and they have high bf% compared to bodybuilders.. you won't win any bodybuilding competitions but you will be able to move cars lol. not the look i strive for but thats the sport of choice for many guys.

your best bet is to join your weightlifting team at school and hopefully you have a competent coach that can help you get to where you need to be.

if you are gonna join the weightlifting team in high school there is gonna be weight classes.. so you must be as low weight as you can be and still be strong for your size if that makes sense.

i was in the 129 weight class in high school, hard to believe i was able to stay that trim but i was probably 5% bf.. we would run 45 minutes in 90 degree heat and workout 45 minutes 6X per week. and i knew to stay away from sweets, although my diet was substandard which is normal for a kid making minimim wage.

now if you want to be a strongman thats a different story, those guys eat everything that moves and they have high bf% compared to bodybuilders.. you won't win any bodybuilding competitions but you will be able to move cars lol. not the look i strive for but thats the sport of choice for many guys.

your best bet is to join your weightlifting team at school and hopefully you have a competent coach that can help you get to where you need to be.
its not a team its a class.. but i wish they had a team i would def be on it i just wanna bulk up like the incredible hulk i wanna make my class worth it 2x gains like no other im young i can gain muscle easy. I just need some support on some ways to do it.. i would eat everything that moves but i dont wanna be completely fat u kno i want muscle but i have seeen alot of powerlifters fat..

Last edited:
dude relax.. you are still young and developing. like i told you above.. i'm in my 30's and i'm the biggest and strongest i've ever been. you don't peak at 15. you are just starting, you've got a lot of upside if you can stay healthy and stay committed.

take advantage of the class.. learn your body and what works for YOU. read some of the ideas on here about split training.

I started at 14 too, and at 15 after only working out a year, your going to see strength gains more than you will muscle gains... your metabolism is through the roof right now, but at your size you'll prob be pretty stout... my advice would be to go ahead and start cleaning up your diet, I wish I would have at a younger age, I did the eat whatever you see type thing and I also put on quite a bit of fat going from 6' 175 freshman year to 6'2" 230 by my junior year. Now that I'm a junior in college I'm at 205. It'd just be better to go ahead and cut the fat, my biggest misconception for a while due to the strong Brologic you get in HS was that fat turned to muscle... that's not true. But do eat ALOT, if you gain a little fat that's no problem, just don't gain too much...

Top Bottom