Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weights or cardio?

ladyluck

Ok.....I have been training consistently for the past seven months and I can tell a big difference in my muscle mass, but I haven't lost the weight I want to lose. I need to lean up. I was wondering if it is best to do more cardio and keep up the weights in moderation or should I keep doing the heavy weights four times a week? I have leaned down some, but I am looking at wanting to lose about 20 or more lbs........would be the smallest I have ever been. I don't even know with my bone structure if that is possible, but I want to try. What do you guys think? Lady

i would continue the weight traing the same and look at your diet.what is your diet like?how much cardio are you doing?your diet and the cardio are what's going to drop the pounds .give a little info on that and we can help............:D

I combine weights and cardio in every workout. 4x week with 45 minute on weights and 20 minutes of cardio afterward. It works very well for me. You could always do more cardio...I don't think I need it right now.

If you aren't losing with that kind of routine then it is time to review your diet carefully. Most people don't eat enough protein....that was my problem in past "fitness attempts."

You'd also be much better off focusing your energy on lowering your bodyfat percentage and stop watching the scale. Buy a set of calipers and gauge your progress that way.

Hmmm...could big B Fold actually be right? Seems as if I pointed to your diet months ago. You have to finally get strict about it and do it. No more fried foods or regualr coke. No more home-cooking (not even granny's) with the butter and the fat.

Gotta get really serious. If you are serious...then you have to it by any means possible.

B True

You could up the intensity of your weights and maybe add some more cardio, but there is still going to come the time when you have to look at your diet. At this stage of the game though, I'd still concentrate more on the weights than the cardio. For me, the harder and heavier I trained the leaner I got, and I never got this lean when I used to do a bunch of cardio.

I used to think I could just keep working out harder and harder, but I finally woke up and saw how I was blowing most of my hard work to hell with my lousy diet.

For one thing, I reached the point that I couldn't work any harder because my diet wasn't giving me enough fuel. I didn't change everything all at once. I made small changes over time.

If you just make a few small (and consistent) changes to your diet you'll be amazed. Then you'll have the strength to train harder and you'll start making progress again. Then you'll be all amazed and ready to make some more changes to your diet, and so it goes. (At least that's how I did it.)

The key to your success is DIET, the #1 Anabolic. Once you adopt a clean diet, enough protein, and hit the WEIGHTS hard, throw in a lil cardio, you'll lose those xtra lbs.

BTW you should post this on the Womens Boards....:)

Try working harder, not just longer at cardio. Maybe increase to 30 min, but at a higher intensity, or make 15 out of the 30 minutes intervals.

Top Bottom