Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightlifting VS Bodybuilding

I'm throwing my opinion out to everyone here in hopes of conveying one of my most important training principles.
Lift heavy. I always train in the 6-8 rep range in all my basic power movements. Think about it this way. The heavier the weight that you use, the more muscle fibers you recruit, the more muscle fibers you fatigue, the more new muscle gets built.
No one has ever built a huge back, or a thick chest, or tree trunks legs without smashing them with heavy HEAVY weights. How are you supposed to get spinal erectors that look like two pillars of muscle running down your back without heavy deadlifts? How are you supposed to make your chest look bulletproof without heavy ass bench presses. I haven't ever seen a good pair of legs on a guy that just did leg extensions.
I think that Eddie Robinson put it best when he said you should "train like a madman and eat like you're trying to erase all traces of existence". The point is that is you want a hard, thick, powerful looking physique you need to train heavy.

Read this book.

Bigger muscles in 42 days.
Ellington Darden
Old But.....
Great read.
Stresses the importance of heavy weights, low reps 4-6
Super slow movements and 100% correct form.
Been using this style for the last 3 months with great results.
I agree heavy weight = larger, fuller muscles.
Good Luck.
M.D

Muscles and strength dont always go hand in hand.

Im no scientist but this is my understanding.

Hypertrophy and strength building are two different things.

increasing strength has got something to do with neuromuscular performance, coordination and things like that. (dont flame me if i have it all wrong)

reps per set=
1-5 is for strength
6-8 is strength + mass (the best compromise for both)
9-12 is mass + a little strength

The amount of reps dictate the amount of sets.
most common combinatitions are
2reps 10 sets
6 reps 6 sets
8-12 reps 4-3 sets.

I hope that helps.....but ill bump for a better answer.
maybe move this to the training board>?????

Absolutely right

Also I do not recommend 4-6 for building muscle mass, it would be used after you completely built muscles as for increasing strength or giving a bulking/defined look

but in my opinion 10-12rep. are the best for building muscle mass, I'm training for almost 13yrs and I learned that 4-6rep. isn't the key, they do help but should not be used for building muscles without the presence of high rep.

also to do high rep. well, you should train with heavy weights, take the heaviest weight possible that allows you to lift 10rep. max

Also high rep. in the way which Ronnie Coleman always go with

Last edited:
lets keep in mind here that everyone is different and certain things that work for one might not work for another. its a trial and error process, and you must go through it to find what works best for you. as long as you show progress, ie. more weight or more reps on every session, you will grow. you should also find this out before you start an a.s. cycle that way you will progress even further in your bodybuilding endevours...........:D

Top Bottom