Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted dips Q

2horns

I just started incorporating weighted dips into my routine on chest day. I try to lean forward as much as possible tho it seems kinda hard with the weight hanging straight down. I was wondering those of you who do WD's do you do them more for a chest exercise or more for a tri exercise. I understand it effects both but wantesd to see where and how you guys incorporate them into your routine.

when i dip i tend to lean back. it hits the tris and lats mostly. i try to lean forward, but the lats are stronger so they want to take over if im not paying attention. if you lean forward it hits the pecs and tris.

i do them for a both chest and tri. i go very deep, until my shoulders almost touch my hands (which takes chest and shoulder to get out of). then i make sure that i lock out at the top (all tris of course)

I do them for more of a chest exercise as I've found it helps develop the outer pectoral area.

But as for the weight you just have to build up the muscle strength & doing them weighted will becom easier.

there was a decent 1 page article in the april Ironman about how to hit the chest with weighted dips effectively. I normally do weighted dips at the end of my chest workout as transition to triceps or at the beginning before bench press.

Top Bottom