Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight gains slowing down

Nathan

Hey. My weight has currently been stuck at about 161lbs. or so for the past few weeks (about 10% bf or so), but my strength seems to be going up still (slowly). I'm eating about 2900-3000cal per day (only clean). I'm wondering if I should increase calories. I eat 6-7 times per day too. Mostly oatmeal, beans, protein supplement, unsalted peanuts, whole eggs (4/day), tuna. Sometimes I eat salmon and veggies too but not as often as I should. Also I've been training seriously for about a year or a bit more so is it possible that gains are just slowing now? I don't want to eat more and gain fat after all.

Up your calories, or reduce the volume of your workouts. Better yet, switch to short bouts of high intensity exercise no more than 3x/week. Over time your gains will naturally diminish as the body becomes accustomed to the stress. Also, genetics plays a factor in how much you gain and how quickly you gain. Slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited:
How much should I up calories? I guess I could try doing less in the gym, though I just took a week off and I'm still stuck. I don't get why my strength is still goin up either.

Top Bottom