Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight gain on CKD???

pinkiron

Ok, so, I began my CKD on June 10 and did not have a refeed until June 18.

Everything was looking fine. I could tell my body was changing quite rapidly, to my greatest surprise. I was eating about 1 600 calories of fat, protein and little carbs only from veggies like lettuce, mushrooms and cucumbers. Then the refeed happened :mad:.

I started my refeed on Saturday morning after my depletion workout. Post w-o: Chocolate Isolate and sweetened coconut water. I went on to eat homemade oatmeal and cranberry cookies than a nice bowl of pasta with marinara sauce and a few pieces of chicken, some more cookies and had sushi with sake for dinner.

On Sunday morning I had toast with strawberry jam and then at my nephew's B-Day party I had plain foccacia with tomato sauce and of course, a piece of chocolate cake. For dinner I went back to salad, chicken and almonds.

I woke up Monday morning feeling like a Goodyear blimp!:mad:And now, my abs, that were starting to show by Friday morning, are now hiding behind a layer of fat or water or I don't know...

Can someone help and give me some info on what I did wrong and what I should do right :confused:

Thanxs!

Ok so, I didn't get a reply to my post but I thought I'd give an update on what I've done differently this week...

First of all I added 30 mins of cardio to my weight training days (4 times a week) and another session of 45 mins of just cardio and abs. That added cardio seems to have help immensely with the water/fat(?) I gain after the last refeed and it seems to have all went away :D

I've also switched my fat sources. I used to rely alot on cashews, almonds, Caesar dressing and cheese. Now I go for all natural peanut butter, Udo's DHA 3-6-9 oil blend, avocados and fattier cuts of meat. I've also added green tea and apple cider vinegar...:verygood:

I decided to skip the refeed this weekend and really give my body a chance to get into full keto mode. So far I'm doing good but my workouts are starting to look like beginner weight lifting because I've had to reduce the weight I can lift!

Question: since I can't lift as heavy, should I go for lighter weights and longer sets?

You're always going to gain a little water weight on a refeed, I'm in CKD now and I usually fluctuate by 1-2 lbs following a refeed or cheat day. It was a good idea to skip the refeed and get back into keto, I've done that before too when I've slacked off. Watch out for the dessert sugars on the refeed day, and limit it more to complex carbs (brown rice, yams, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, wheat germ, etc) and the occasional fruit post-workout. I'm actually in Week 7 of CKD and my weight loss has halted a bit, I'll have to re-evaluate the carb intake and kcals as well. As for you weights, if you aren't on juice then it would be difficult to lift heavy while on full CKD, so yes you should lower the weight a bit and go for higher reps if you're aiming for weightloss. Some guys including myself like to still lift very heavy on CKD, though I am on cycle so it changes the amount of strength one can retain while in a caloric/carb deficit. Let us know how it goes

Top Bottom