Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak sounding MP3s?

Y_lifter said:
And you buy your blank CDR's from Office Max in 100 spindles
where they are free with rebate ? :)

I buy mine from Walmart. On my 2nd pack of Memorex. Havn't had any problems with them yet and they're reasonably cheap.

I have a ton of shit to burn that I keep forgetting to do. I'll probably use up half that spindle once I get around to it.

I pledge my soul to NERO...burning ROM. That is a good all purpose burning program. Make sure that when you steal your music that its bitrate is fairly high, atleast 128kbs...preferably 192.

If you download single songs at a time, you are gonna get a lot of mixed qualities and formats and its gonna sounds like shit in your car. I recommend stealing full albums at a time...reason being...well, full albums are all ripped with the same quality, so you get consistency, and full albums are generally higher quality because they are taken directly from the source. Where as singles that you download one by one are passed around like saggy slut and are just plain bad once they get to you.

Just my two cents.

It should have nothing to do with the bitrate. Most rippers will have some option to enhance, adjust or normalize the playback volume and a lot of people don't use it.

You might be able to re-import the mp3s into iTunes or Lame and enhance the volume before writing them out to audio cds. You shouldn't lose any quality if you import them from mp3 to wav and then write out the wav files as audio tracks. You can always delete the wav files afterwards to get your disc space back.

EDIT: when you rip your own for an iPod, or whatever, make sure to play with any options to enhance and normalize the volume until you find a setting which suits your playback deck or headphones. It should have no bearing on quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom