Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamins Outlawed in EU

strongchick

http://www.hsibaltimore.com/ea2002/ea_020429.shtml

Outlawing prevention

On March 13th the European Parliament - a 626-member legislative body representing the 15 European Union countries - passed the "EU Directive on Dietary Supplements," which classifies vitamins as medical drugs rather than food supplements. The Directive grants a transition period of three years for vitamin supplements already on the market. But in 2005, every EU country will be required to implement the Directive.

As it currently stands, in just three years a wide range of natural remedies will be banned across most of Europe, making as many as 300 ingredients - including chromium picolinate, yeast, lysine, and selenium - illegal for over-the-counter sale. Other supplements that remain in stores will contain very low dosage amounts - not enough to provide any real therapeutic value.

It's almost like they're passing a law against prevention. So not only are the pharmaceutical companies eliminating competition from natural products for treating illnesses, they are essentially forcing greater need for prescription products for citizens of the EU. After all, without prevention, where will people be forced to turn when they get even the slightest bit ill? To physicians who will prescribe mainstream pharmaceuticals or super-strength, prescription-only vitamins supplied by - guess who - the Pfizers, Mercks, and Bayers of the world.

HOLY SHIT......Where art thou my wise liberal brethren Strongchick.....you've been missed!

It's been easy dismissing all of the radical backwards arguments on this board...now, I have some assistance once again.

Ryan.:D

do my eyes decieve me? are you back? :wavey:

i suspect that this may be a measure to regulate the vitamin companies who have been fibbing about what they put into their pills for sometime and have recently been caught, as a 'threatened' enforcement

i REALLY dont see it happening....it would cripple businesses acoss europe. if it does then that SUCKS!

Tell me about it,
it means I will have to buy all my previously legal supplements from overseas now to get proper dosages for even the most harmless but helpful supplements.

It's the biggest joke I have ever seen.

Moronic eurocrats:mad:

As far as I know the only place you can buy it legally is Greece,not sure though.In the UK it's legal to have as for personal use,in Ireland where I'm from I have no idea about it's legality but I'd imagine it's along the same lines as the UK.

Last edited:
I'm not really back (I hear loud moaning in great disappointment) heehee.

I just saw this article and thought of you all. I can't believe vitamins will have to be dispensed by prescription!

I hope things are well for you folks!!!

The better not fucking try that here. If so I'm moving to...well fuck I guess canada if there really is such a country.

Top Bottom