Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

vitamins accommodation

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
Beware: strange ?

When you take ephedrine (or caffeine) for a long time your organism get used to it and the supps have no/less effect
Same thing with a restricted calories diet: when you consume very few calories for a long time you stop losing weight because your metabolism adjusts to your diet (and slows down)

Now the question:
Is it the same thing with vitamins?
Does your organism get used to large quantities (when you take a multi) of vitamins ?
and what happens when you stop taking your pill ?

Thats a very good question Antrax....Was actually thinking the same thing not too long ago.....
Anyone have any ideas? I would assume this would be true to a point... Although your body needs and uses vit's daily?
:rolleyes:

Well vitamins are essential for your organism whereas most of the supps we use are not. I remember reading somewhere that mega doses of vitamin C lost their effectiveness over time. I actually do cycle vitamins, meaning I take a few days off once in a while. And I buy different brands/potencies occasionally too.

Thanks for the info

anyone else's opinion ?

I use to take a about 10 days off from supps and a diet every 50 days. I would still work out but not watch my diet or anything. Except when I was on.

You can build up a tolerance to any thing the body doesn't use as energy (exess calories, vitamins, poisons ect.) Sometimes this can be beneficial with vitamins though if you do it slowly. For instance I have steadily increased my intake of vitamin C, and have noticed some of the benifits of the upped dosage (great skin being one). If your a guy, beware of getting too much calcium though:)

katalista said:
You can build up a tolerance to any thing the body doesn't use as energy (exess calories, vitamins, poisons ect.) Sometimes this can be beneficial with vitamins though if you do it slowly. For instance I have steadily increased my intake of vitamin C, and have noticed some of the benifits of the upped dosage (great skin being one). If your a guy, beware of getting too much calcium though:)

too much Ca :confused:

don't you mean too much iron ?

Anthrax said:
Beware: strange ?

When you take ephedrine (or caffeine) for a long time your organism get used to it and the supps have no/less effect
Same thing with a restricted calories diet: when you consume very few calories for a long time you stop losing weight because your metabolism adjusts to your diet (and slows down)

Now the question:
Is it the same thing with vitamins?
Does your organism get used to large quantities (when you take a multi) of vitamins ?
and what happens when you stop taking your pill ?

Well the first two things you mentioned have a basis in your body adapting with an appropriate hormonal or receptor respons (altho the downregulation on ephedrine does not have a scientific foundation, but anacdotal evidence is there is, i think this has more to do with people getting used to the effects on the cns not the lessening of the beta antagonistic effect but getting of topic). And the slowing of metabolisme is caused (in my opinion) by the supression of leptin caused by a digeression from the fed state.

Having said that anti-oxidants do not work trough such mechanisems the bind to free radicals directly (only one of the benifits just an example), which were not meant to be in the body anyway so i dont think the body would become less sensitive to intake of vitamins.
Altho because of your higher intake of vitamins and people usually coming from a vitamin deficient diet your body would need less after a while because the deficiencies have been aliviated.

(guys please forgive my spelling im having trouble typing with these shaky hands, plus im a stupid euro :D)

Anyway my opinion, or 2 euro cents whatever

Thanks _jaap_

BTW I would say 2.5 € cents (and soon 2) :D

Top Bottom