Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamin A overdose

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
Have a look at your multi and don't take too much vitamin A:

Middle-aged men with high levels of vitamin A in their blood are more likely to break a bone in later years than those with lower levels of the vitamin, report Swedish researchers this week.

The authors point to current food fortification and widespread supplement use as a possible cause of the raised levels of vitamin A.
[...]
The team concluded: “Our findings suggest that current levels of vitamin A supplementation and food fortification in many western countries may need to be reassessed.”
"One may conclude from such data that supplements containing vitamin A should not be routinely used by men or women and that fortification of cereals with vitamin A should be questioned," writes Lips.

ource: The New England Journal of Medicine 2003;348:287-294,347-349

why dont they just supplement with beta carotene. ok, its orange....but its a Vit A precursor and can be ingested in much larger amounts?

as it goes i get a lil nervoud when they fortify everything, more reason to try and watch whats in all the processed foods i guess

yes yes..I also read about it...my multi vit provides 15,000 IU per serving..that seems pretty much ....Read from many places that the recommended dosage is NOT more than 5000IU

Top Bottom