Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Very good article on the 05 Stang

Delinquent said:
Yea but if I invested only $20.000 and got the 5.0 cammer engine from ford racing which would put it at 500hp and a supercharger, you're talking close to 600hp+. :p

$40,000 is a lot to put in an engine. What have you done so far? What kind of times have you run in the 1/4 mile?

ya but then id have a ford engine. i dont want that. everyone has a mustang no matter what horsepower you put into it. it dont matter eveyone stil has one.i like vettes because ya sure there more expensive but thats good. then everyone doesnt have one. and plus the the way the weight is displaced in a vette is way better than a mustang, they ride better. more options, my buddy has one, just like everyone else. but whatever if your a ford man im not against that. i just like the vette. thats not just the engine. i have a different rear end, spec3 clutch, momo shifter etc etc. im trying to find a pic of my engine. anyways there both muscle cars enjoy the the power. its great!!

wootoom said:
ya but then id have a ford engine. i dont want that. everyone has a mustang no matter what horsepower you put into it. it dont matter eveyone stil has one.i like vettes because ya sure there more expensive but thats good. then everyone doesnt have one. and plus the the way the weight is displaced in a vette is way better than a mustang, they ride better. more options, my buddy has one, just like everyone else. but whatever if your a ford man im not against that. i just like the vette. thats not just the engine. i have a different rear end, spec3 clutch, momo shifter etc etc. im trying to find a pic of my engine. anyways there both muscle cars enjoy the the power. its great!!

Definitely. My fiance's dream car is a Z06 so in the future, I'll hopefully have the luxury to drive both :p

Delinquent said:
Definitely. My fiance's dream car is a Z06 so in the future, I'll hopefully have the luxury to drive both :p

thats cool man. i wonder how much the Z06 are putting out for horse?? im sick of all the rumors. i heard there putting a 427ci but its all rumors. im waiting for the new one tell i get one.

wootoom said:
thats cool man. i wonder how much the Z06 are putting out for horse?? im sick of all the rumors. i heard there putting a 427ci but its all rumors. im waiting for the new one tell i get one.

They better do something b/c it's rumored that the next cobra will be a 5.4 600+hp beast. With that amount of power, it would seriously outperform a stock C5. But like the vette, the cobra will be priced around $45,000 and up so there will only be a select group that will be able to drive such a car.

wootoom said:

For $43,445 you can have the new 05 Vette.
3245 pounds
405 hp @ 6000 rpm
400 lb-ft torque at 4400rpm
6.0 L
0-60 mph in 4.2 sec
1/4 mile in 12.6 @ 114 mph
top speed of near 190
hatchback or conv

To top it all off...it will ALWAYS be worth money. IMO...most nearly all Mustangs have that problem. Unless it is a certain Mustang or two...they are just an old Mustang. I'm not sure of any Corvette that I can say the same for.

The new Mustang does look REALLY sharp and appealing though...for a Mustang.

B True

b fold the truth said:
For $43,445 you can have the new 05 Vette.
3245 pounds
405 hp @ 6000 rpm
400 lb-ft torque at 4400rpm
6.0 L
0-60 mph in 4.2 sec
1/4 mile in 12.6 @ 114 mph
top speed of near 190
hatchback or conv

To top it all off...it will ALWAYS be worth money. IMO...most nearly all Mustangs have that problem. Unless it is a certain Mustang or two...they are just an old Mustang. I'm not sure of any Corvette that I can say the same for.

The new Mustang does look REALLY sharp and appealing though...for a Mustang.

B True

BUT take a look at this track run with a stock 05 stang and then a measley $1500 in modifications 1/4 mile run.

Bone stock, it's in the low 13's...with the mods 12.5 @ 108

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19068

b fold the truth said:

I think any C3 Corvette from 1973 through the introduction of the C4 series is "just an old Corvette."

Delinquent said:
BUT take a look at this track run with a stock 05 stang and then a measley $1500 in modifications 1/4 mile run.

Bone stock, it's in the low 13's...with the mods 12.5 @ 108

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19068

Pretty sharp Mustang. I think that it looks "neat" but probably something that I'd be tired of after a few months.

I don't want to take credit away from ANY Mustang though. If I had to drive a sports car and it couldn't be a Corvette...it would have a Mustang symbol on the front. Darn good cars...just not my favorite. I grew up in Murray, Kentucky which is only 2.5 hours from Bowling Green. My father always wanted a corvette and I was raised to love them as well.

My father nearly bought one in 1971 I believe...or was it 72. Yellow, lake pipes, had EVERYTHING on it that could be had. It just wouldn't come anywhere near close to running with his 70 Chevelle (before they made the engine adjustments to the 396). He called it a "dog" at the time...lol.

When I turned 16 I nearly bought a 1976. White and TOTALLY restored. You could eat off the engine...all chrome. Amazing price...not sure why I didn't buy it at the time.

Few years later I nearly bought a 1985 (or was it an 82-83) Vette with the Greenwood Kit on it. Took it for a test drive and the engine was crap in the car. BEAUTIFUL car though...

I now live on the other side of the Planet and my father just sent me an article out of the newspaper about the 2005 Vette. I just have the bug...lol.

Seriously...I don't mean to take ANYTHING away from that Mustang...but it just doesn't get my eye like the Vette does. I've seen too many Fords sit in front yards with For Sale signs on them while a red or black Chevy sit for a day or two.

B True

Mr. dB said:
I think any C3 Corvette from 1973 through the introduction of the C4 series is "just an old Corvette."

You didn't like the Vettes of the late 70's? I loved those high fenders with the rear sticking up.

Fast engine? Heck no...lol.

If you guys could see my "modes of transportation" now...you would get a kick out of me...haaaa

B True

b fold the truth said:
You didn't like the Vettes of the late 70's? I loved those high fenders with the rear sticking up.

Fast engine? Heck no...lol.

If you guys could see my "modes of transportation" now...you would get a kick out of me...haaaa

A 350 V8 with less than 200 HP is an abomination. The colors and trim from that period were nasty too. The early versions of 5MPH bumpers were ugly. That was not a good time for the American car.

Top Bottom