Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Use FlaxSEED, not Flax OIL!

EmptyWallet said:

What is EPO, Borage and GLA?? Where could I buy Udo's choice at that you guys like so much?

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil
GLA = Gamma-Linolenic Acid
Borage Oil = richest source of GLA. EPO and Hemp are a distant 2nd and 3rd, respectively, in GLA content. No other dietary fats have GLA.

Any online health/nutrition store has it such as Netrition, but any local healthfood store should also have it.

macrophage69alpha said:

the american diet is not low in omega 6

This is an excellent point. In Life Extension's December issue of thier magazine, which is not yet on their website, they are saying that a diet favoring omega 6 creates an environment that helps foster and even create arterial inflamation. They say it is important to increase omega 3 to exceed the amount of omega 6 in order to decrease this effect. e.g. the ratio, favoring omega 3, is crucial. BTW, Flax Oil has the highest (best) omega 6 to omega 3 ratio (1:4) of all dietary fats. It's interesting that all other dietary fats have a ratio that favors omega 6.

FYI, there is a lot of information coming out now about c-reactive protein and how it is found to be directly proportional to the magnitude of arterial inflamation which exists. There is strong evidence supporting the argument that this is a far superior marker for predicting heart attack and cardiovascular state than is cholesterol.

I'm going to post this as well as some other interesting information as soon as it's up on thier site. Forgive me for changing the subject, sort of, hopefully ya'll understand and see it's applicability. Applicability? lol

My opinion on what's best is a fish oil supplement (should have both EPA and DHA) and also a relatively smaller amount of flax oil and some occaisional walnuts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom