Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to remain composed

N

new@gettinbig

Talk about a crazy week..Ive gotten 2 hours of sleep in the past 2 days!!! have 2 midterms this week, a term paper, and of course tons of accounting..I didnt do so well on the accounting, but getting good enough grades on homework so Im still getting a C...which is all I need:) Workouts have been great!! Going heavy now and diet has been clean w/ good OL CARBS again. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 157...I was 154 1 week from my show so I was shocked..but i havent really had any junk. Next 2 days will be rough w/ little sleep...but when weekend hits Im sleepin like a MOFO! My ex is going to take my lil girl so at least I will get some relief....My posts will be limited while I burn the midnight oil...how are your gals workouts going?? how many of you ladies do cardio during off season...im talking low intensity 3-4 times a week 30 minutes-45 max...I didn't do any last year, but just wanted to get some inputs..I know W6 will say NO...Ive only done it once since show...what do you ladies do?????

well hey new, take care of yourself girl :) enjoy your sleep this weekend.

As i probably have diff goals then you, I dont compete so there really is no on or off season.

But what i do, and I find it really works well for me, is cardio 4-5 times a week at high intensity for 20-30 minutes. THis is only right now, as I change it up a bit. Before this, I was doing low intensity 3-4 times a week for 45 - 60 minutes.

Just trying to change it up a bit. I have to do cardio for phsyical as well as mental I believe.

:)

YOU GO GURL...my ex takes the kids every Tue and Thr and every other weekend (He FINALLY got his own apartment. It is just across the road so it is very good for the girls.). Yesterday was my day off. I worked three days straight so I NEEDED A BREAK!

I NEVER do cardio unless I HAVE TO....just watch my diet here and there. I have a tough time getting enough calories in so I am more concerned with NOT growing enough as opposed to not being lean enough. Speaking of calories, I NEED FOOD....the eggs and oatmeal are calling me from the kitchen.

I have NO IDEA what I weigh, but the mirror, my clothes and the tape measure say that I am probably around 14%bf or so.

Kisses to you, New@! :D

New@,

I won't say no, just why?

30 min 3x per week, low-mod intensity won't hurt strength gains. So if you really feel you need it then that's fine. Not more than that however.

W6

wilson6 said:
New@,

I won't say no, just why?

30 min 3x per week, low-mod intensity won't hurt strength gains. So if you really feel you need it then that's fine. Not more than that however.

W6

I think we should have these words in BIG FLASHING PINK NEON posted at the top somewhere....not too long. Just a little while, till the women get it in their heads that if you are NOT a cardio queen (I am NOT talkin' about YOU NEW...Shit you could beat my ass EASILY with both hands tied behind your back! :D ) THE EARTH WILL NOT SWALLOW YOU WHOLE!

hey new!! i was just abouut to post to u asking how u did on that accounting test. man oh man, im with u grl....im swamped with work myself. hang in there!! midterms are almost over and then u can relax a little....u know, just until finals :bawling:

Feel for ya new! You've achieved so much in the past few months and whipping out a contest too! I pretty much put everything else as 2nd priority when I did my comps. It was nice to have that freedom.

School is another story. Having spent the better part of my adult life in this country's public education institutions, I know the pain, agony and ecstasy (ummmmm..... well, anyway) of school.

I'm actuallyl considering finding some way I can get some nutrition / dietician training or cert of some sort right now. I'm currently educated up the wazoo for technology and have desperately need some sort of intellectual stimulation. BUT I'm not really interested in slogging through another full degree with all the associated "electives" and all the other shit they throw in to make you "well rounded". (Thx, I already have a liberal arts degree...)

Glad I read this since I blew off my cardio tonight! I keep telling myself I have to do 60min!!! I think the more I tell myself I have to I don't want to. I was feeling reeeaaally guilty about it until I read this. Love the weights, hate the cardio, although that is what my boyfriend encourages me to do. I just feel guilty not burning off the calories my body is used to. Oh well, I'll just have to wear sweat pants!

Top Bottom