Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training the Vertical

ZGzaZ

I really want to get my vertical up, it has gone up slightly over the past few months, but not as much as i would like. What do you guys think are the most important factors for improving the vertical?

I would think:

Jumping
Heavy Squats
Light squats for speed
Sprints
more Hamstring and Glute work

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to give me some input, I've talked with Polish a few times, and we've worked some things out, but I need some more...

Browse down the page for the "Vertical Leap Training Thread" or something similar, started by CCJ. Read it all :)

Get stronger, teach your body to apply this strength with speed, boost the stretch reflex and improve skill.

1) main sport exercises with added resistance - jumping with weighted vest

2) Assistance exercises
A - maximal strnegth - ie squats, deadlifts etc
B - Rate of force developement - olys, speed squats etc
C - DynamicStrength - light jumpsquats, weighted plyos
D - Stretch shortening cycle - plyos, depth jumps, power jerks etc

The stretch reflex plays a huge role in jumping

I figure your lacking reactivity and dynamic and eccentric strength. Adding light jumpsquats, drop/altiittude jumps, depth jumps and weighted and non-weighted plyos will do the trick
remeber to cycle the training means and volume.

Keep pushing the strength and accleration strnegth moves though... keep riding the horse that got you there.

as my squats and olympic lifts went up so did my vertical, right now im 6'1 260 with a 34" vertical i can dunk a basketball

Top Bottom