Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training - A Pseudo Poll

G

Guinness

Two questions here, which is why I didn't set up an actual poll for this post...

First, at what age did you get serious about your training? Example, I never worked out in high school, evne though I played baseball and other sports. I puttered around with it off and on through college, but was never serious about keeping with it for more than four months at a time. Pretty much the same pattern until about a year ago, when I finally got into a good rhythm. Now, I have been working out solidy for a full year. Not anywhere close to where I want to be, but I'm seeing results.

Which brings me to my second question....How long did it take you to get to the point where you were really starting to notice a difference in your physique and where you were really starting to feel that your hard work was paying off?

I've been weight training since I was 14 but hardcore since I was about 19. I'm almost 24 now.

My gains have always been pretty steady, however I did see good growth after about 1 and 1/2 years after I started training heavier (around 21 yrs of age).

Im 21 now.
at 18/19 years i had a brief stint (i think three months) in the gym.......it worked well. no weights but i went from 102kg to 92kg.
But a few things got messed up in my life so i got distracted.

a few months after:
I picked up some weights and started training.
about two weeks in. I had an accident at work. I couldnt move my leg for three months.......and lost all movement/muscle in my right thigh.

My girlfriend bought in my hand weights so i could start working on my upper half.....while i was sitting on the couch or bed. saved up money and bought a home gym.

At this stage I could start walking (not very well.......i had to wear this special brace so my knee cap wouldnt pop out (which it did a few times).

Got to work on my upperhalf. I couldnt belive how much progress i made. My triceps will always be my favorite.........they stick out a mile. but arms is all i could work.....pretty much ( i had leg exercises to do.......i had to try and flex my leg ONCE then build up to 2 then 3)

Every part of my body fell behind cause of my leg.
I couldnt bench, couldnt shoulderpress with out crying from pain.
Then it all started going right.......i could bench.....not very much and could sholder press.

then my girlfriend left me for reasons i wont go into (we are still friends) i had to work full time with a leg brace and a cane (some weeks i totalled 52 hours) nothing was going right.............so gave up on every thing......including training. all i did was sit in my room and curse the world.

But something in me snapped and i got off my ass.
Gave up my veganism/vegeterianism, hit the gym like a maniac.

which brings me to today.

I have been accused of taking steroids.
I have lost 80% of the fat i had since i was a kid/put on with my depression. (that has taken the most time)
Got BOTH my thighs up to 26 inchs (from 21)......and they are both the same size.......which is a feat.......since my right one was about the same size as my arm. (i think muscle memory has a lot to do with it)

I have made so much progress in this last year i dont think i will ever stop.

All i can do is read about exercise physiology.......or hit the gym, when im not a work or school.
Next year im trying to get an entrance into a course in exercise physiology.

Sorry this is kind of long......and it is a sob story
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
some one hand me a tissue
But it has ended happy :)

but the last couple of months i have started to "fill out nicelly"

Top Bottom