Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Total hair color change

S

silverstar1025

Ladies what are your thoughts on doing a total hair color change? Have you seen it done and still look good? I have been blond all my life, but considering going dark. Have you seen blondes that do it and still look good or do they just look weird to you? I have done highlights and lowlights with brown and red shades,etc. but thinking about being more bold now. I am scared to do it though. I get bored with my hair, but my main reason is I feel like since I stopped tanning I look more washed out with my bright blond hair. I have given up tanning beds since I am getting closer to 30. I care more about how I will look 10 yrs from now so no more beds for me. I will get natural sun tan in the summer I am sure, but no more "tanning". Anyway, do you think I should do it or just stick to how I have been all my life?

I do it all the time. Are you kidding? I go from black to blonde all on a wims all the time. I cant stay the same color for the life of me.

Currently I'm a bleached blonde, but I had just gone from a brunette posh spice, before that a dark almost black penelope cruz style, before that a jessica simpson type look. I do about two drastic changes ayear and it always looks good, tan or no tan.

I think blonde TENDS to look better on pale skin because unless you go really dark, almost black, because the brunette on pale skin, is well....just BORING.

cindylou said:
I do it all the time. Are you kidding? I go from black to blonde all on a wims all the time. I cant stay the same color for the life of me.

Currently I'm a bleached blonde, but I had just gone from a brunette posh spice, before that a dark almost black penelope cruz style, before that a jessica simpson type look. I do about two drastic changes ayear and it always looks good, tan or no tan.

I think blonde TENDS to look better on pale skin because unless you go really dark, almost black, because the brunette on pale skin, is well....just BORING.

Hmmm Cindy do you have any pics of both the dark and light blond look so I can see? If you don't feel comfortable though I totally understand. What color eyes do you have?

I could NEVER do a total color change- MY HAIR grows too damn fast!! I would hate having to get my roots done every three-four weeks!

vixensghost said:
I could NEVER do a total color change- MY HAIR grows too damn fast!! I would hate having to get my roots done every three-four weeks!

I wish I had that problem!! My hair is fine and grows SLOW. I hate it.

silverstar1025 said:
Hmmm Cindy do you have any pics of both the dark and light blond look so I can see? If you don't feel comfortable though I totally understand. What color eyes do you have?

I have blue eyes, and medium skin.

I dont mind but you'll have to give me at least a day to find a brunette pic.

vixensghost said:

Yes , its high maintenance either way.

The color washes out too fast, and blonde (for me I'm not a very light natural blonde, kinda like a dirty blonde naturally) the roots drive me crazy...but I guess its part of being a girl! lol.

I do things like that when I need a change in my life but I'm too chicken or life wont let me change other things.

cindylou said:
I have blue eyes, and medium skin.

I dont mind but you'll have to give me at least a day to find a brunette pic.

No problem :) Thanks!! I will show before and afters if I take the plunge. I have until Sat. to decide. :)

I'm in the WORST hair stage right now ladies. I'm letting my hair grow out! Dear God, IS there anything worse than that? I've resorted to grabbing curling irons, head bands and WHATEVER will get me thru that day's bad hair! I'm ready to buy a wig-lol

I get highlight's since I can seem to "blend" the un-even color 'tween colorings far easier than IF I changed the color 100%. My hair stylist gets far too much of my money as it is! YOU all know that feeling I'm sure!

I won't even get into the hair products...OY VEY. IF my hubby knew what I spent on hair care, he'd prolly admit me into the nuthouse! :)

vixensghost said:
I'm in the WORST hair stage right now ladies. I'm letting my hair grow out! Dear God, IS there anything worse than that? I've resorted to grabbing curling irons, head bands and WHATEVER will get me thru that day's bad hair! I'm ready to buy a wig-lol

I get highlight's since I can seem to "blend" the un-even color 'tween colorings far easier than IF I changed the color 100%. My hair stylist gets far too much of my money as it is! YOU all know that feeling I'm sure!

I won't even get into the hair products...OY VEY. IF my hubby knew what I spent on hair care, he'd prolly admit me into the nuthouse! :)

I am in the growing hair out stage too. It has grown a bit, but I can't take it anymore I need some layers and a trim. My hair is looking like crap with no style to it. How short is your hair now? Does it grow slow?

Top Bottom