Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This Bud of Mine Has Taken Creatine For 5 yrs straight can you believe that...

curling

I tried to tell him you need to cycle that like juice but he has been taking it consistently for 5 yrs. Can ya'll give me some reason to tell him that ain't smart. I have heard it can hurt you kidneys if you don't give it a rest and it really doesn't do very much after a while either.

Thanks.

you can start of by telling him that he is just wasting his money cause after 5 years of consistant creatine use it wont do anything i think its reccomended to use it for no more then 6-8 weeks and then stay of it for about 3-5 weeks and then u can hit it again, cause after the 6-8 weeks ure "creatine depots"(not sure what its called in english its a rough translation from swedish :) ) are filled so for him to continue using it right now is a waste I think he needs a long break from it :)....

There is absolutely no need nor convincing evidence to cycle creatine. The body is capable of storing more creatine than is consumed through the average diet and produced in the body...esspecially in people with more muscel mass than the average human. Creatine is not a hormone and doesn't bind to receptors therefore there is no "feedback" inhibition. Creatine is constantly degraded esspecially during high intensity anaerobic exercise thus there is a constant need to "resuply" the muscles with creatine. The original suggestion to "cycle" was because we simply didn't and really still don't know the pottential neggative effects of long term use of supraphysiological doses of creatine. Though it does now appear quite safe studies of this nature take decades, so the conclusion is still equivocal. Creatine doesn't loose its ability to donate a phasphate to ADP so it never looses its effect.

Even if that is the case, 5 years of consistant use of anything isnt good for you at least i wouldnt do it.... :)

Top Bottom