Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

The net and its "shield" factor...

pintoca

New member
We have seen it... when you are in here you are everything you want to be: the bully, the loudmouth, the caretaker, the whatever...

what is the difference in this media, compared to say, telephone? Would you say the things you write to somebody you don't know, when speaking on the phone?

and yep, the "towelhead" comment sparked this thread. I just find it interesting, the way we see different media-types as offering different levels of "security" when it is actually about the same (picture a board like this like a conf call)
 
people are brave behind a keyboard- we say things we might not ordinarily say, only think. Some people believe that internet "persona" aren't real, but maybe they are more real than what we are afraid to be in person.
 
stilleto said:
people are brave behind a keyboard- we say things we might not ordinarily say, only think. Some people believe that internet "persona" aren't real, but maybe they are more real than what we are afraid to be in person.

That is exactly the case, I see a lot of "false security" around here nowadays... there is people talking about "sending goons to kill other people", there are "millionaires" there is insulting madness and there are "gurus"... Whereas you don't see this things even on CB!!! which has a 20 years lead at least.

It all suddenly feels like a big three-ring-circus completely disconnected. Then again, the worst must be when the internet-persona starts to take control
 
pintoca said:
That is exactly the case, I see a lot of "false security" around here nowadays... there is people talking about "sending goons to kill other people", there are "millionaires" there is insulting madness and there are "gurus"... Whereas you don't see this things even on CB!!! which has a 20 years lead at least.

It all suddenly feels like a big three-ring-circus completely disconnected. Then again, the worst must be when the internet-persona starts to take control

have you ever met anyone from EF? my guess is that even the most disliked person would be ok in person. people tend to put their best foot forward.
i say whatever strikes me online- all my thoughts and nothing more, but in person would i call someone an assnozzle to their face? no.

ok, maybe.
 
stilleto said:
have you ever met anyone from EF? my guess is that even the most disliked person would be ok in person. people tend to put their best foot forward.
i say whatever strikes me online- all my thoughts and nothing more, but in person would i call someone an assnozzle to their face? no.

ok, maybe.

nope, haven't meet any yet. I agree with people putting their "best foot forwardf" once meeting time come... however the point, would you all somebody assnoozle overr the phone, even when the only difference over this is that they are listening to your voice?

I think I'm going to look for some studies, this is sociology material
 
pintoca said:
nope, haven't meet any yet. I agree with people putting their "best foot forwardf" once meeting time come... however the point, would you all somebody assnoozle overr the phone, even when the only difference over this is that they are listening to your voice?

I think I'm going to look for some studies, this is sociology material

no, i wouldn't call anyone names on the phone. i'm a lot more free to say what i'm thinking online. in person, in work, with friends, i tease people, but not in any way other than friendly joking, even if i'm thinking "what a tool".
 
I really do not say anything here that I would not or do not say in person, or on the phone....I'm pretty much an asshole everywhere...

:whatever:
 
Spanky11 said:
wouldn't or couldn't?

I stand corrected: couldn't...

the obvious "safe path" is not to do anything you wouldn't do in real-life, but ohhhh, the temptation seems to be soo big for some people
 
I bet most replies you get will be people saying that they are not different here online then they are in person. In reality, I bet if you met all these people in the flesh every single one of them would be. lol
 
LOL@ at pc nuts online. Towel and head, she didnt say that muslims are evil or made a direct slander. BTW, towelheads are hindu sikhs, you know when I talk about Brahman, Atman and atman (The underlying teachings of Krishna in the Bhagavid Vita as well) and how it intersects with Buddhism Siddarthma Guattahma since he came from India it all ties in together with Zen and towelheads is a perfect example of this.


What is Zen? (the real question)

This question basically asks "What is the essence of Zen?". It appears in various guises throughout Zen literature, from "What is the meaning of Bodhidharma's coming from the West?" to "Have you eaten yet?". The question cuts right to the heart of the matter and can only be answered by you. Perhaps the best answer is "practice".

Why do people post such nonsense to this group?

One of the central points of Zen is intuitive understanding. As a result, words and sentences have no fixed meaning, and logic is often irrelevant. Words have meaning only in relation to who is using them, who they are talking to, and what situation they are used in. Some postings are indeed nonsense; other postings appear to be nonsense at first but this is because the meaning is all between the lines.

Towel-head, God etc... they are just words, variables, they mean nothing except the person who hears them. I hear Towel-head and I think Sikh b/c of their religious headwear, others may think of the veil that some Muslim societies use to *subjugate* and lessen women in their religious culture. She's a female, she may be pissed off at that and expressing that view but none of you would know her motivation except by intuitive understanding of what she meant, which is Zen.

Why such angst when half of you claim religious people are evil but are inconsistent with Muslim religion b/c thats the PC thing to do, thats the popular thing to do, to bash Christiams and stick up for Muslims. Some may do it simply b/c they hate the US and the US is in a war against fundamental Muslim terrorists so theyve chosen a side, the side that mutilates women's genitalia, makes them wear a veil when they go out in public, a side that says if you dont believe in being a Muslim then you are an infidel and should be killed or beheaded or whatever. Until top Muslim leaders issue a Fatwah condemning this terrorism and view of killing innocents in the name of Allah then people are going to call them evil. As Ive said before, all of these religions offer wisdom in their core teachings, thats why I study them but Muslim religion also clearly spells out death to the nonbelievers. So included in some ways to live life is a spelled out literal message that people are reading and think that they are martyrs for their religion. Its a struggle between good and evil, in Muslim religion and without. This doesnt say that in the bible, although people have twisted these words by men and by God, since God by definition is everything b/c thats the variable's definition in my mind. Its silly to argue Zen topics like this and religion etc...
Find enlightenment through Zen Buddhism, learn about Brahman in Hindu. Brahman is everything by definition and since I am Brahman I can explain it to you by defintion. Brahman is the totality of the universe so Brahman is God (a Zen word) by definition, the allmaker. So basically an agnostic denies the exists of words which is dumb b/c they can read these words that I type and I clearly define the words so they know what they are, so when they say their is no God then they need to skip a few words back in this sentence and read that word over and over again until it sinks in that God is right in front of them spelled G-O-D and meaning Brahman, which equals Atman which equals atman which equals you and everything else. To say Brahman doesnt exist by definition you are saying that the person making the statement doesnt exist which contradicts Descartes famous axiom and the only truth that there is, is that the only thing I cannot doubt is the fact their is a doubter, the famous "I think therefore I am". So to not see the words clearly written in front of you only to want to deny their existance so that they can merely argue the perhaps they dont think therefore they arent...
Zen. Its about finding the truth for yourself and reading the definitions. I lay out definitions of words and the issues of words and their clear limits in philosophy and Zen so they only need to enlighten themselves. Same with agnostics who by definition claim they just dont know which is defining themselves as ignorant but when you enlighten them as to what they are saying they are offended.

Evil lies in religion as it does in the hearts of men and women who use these words to twist and kill innocence, that is the problem of words, not religions, but men as I clearly state this, not God but men who are part of God as everyone and everything is.

Why would God exist to let these horrible things happen. Well all I can say is that its a tough spot standing in God's shoes, God is perfect justice, God balances karma from all of eternity. Its a tough job, God takes with one hand and gives with another. He is by definition B-A-L-A-N-C-E. It all has to equal out. Yin Yang, positive-negative forces of the universe. In my vision existance came from a staring match and someone blinked. Positive and negative forces created the universe.

So what is my point, dont be PC, live and let live to bitch about every lil thing. Understand Zen and I and find enlightenment.

This message brought to you by God.
 
luciasBill, you never cease to amaze. It makes me proud of being your alter.

I knew that posting this thread and not having you here would be akin to posting a physics thread and expect not to have samoth spreading cows all over it... Welcome!!!!
 
I'm more hostile on here with my opinions for sure.

If you met me in real life you'd think I was stoned I am so mellow + the laid back southern california accent.

in any case, I'll beat anyone up on this thread. :evil:
 
pintoca said:
luciasBill, you never cease to amaze. It makes me proud of being your alter.

I knew that posting this thread and not having you here would be akin to posting a physics thread and expect not to have samoth spreading cows all over it... Welcome!!!!

lol, I am Samoth by definition as I am your alter as you are mine we are all one as is the all of the universe. Just one, so why hurt or argue with yourself, it makes no sense, just spreading my message to the world from my meditations and molecular spirit trips lol, Ill send you my book when I finish it
 
actually.. i must change my response... i actually say even weirder things in person... i'm the kind of person who says very outlandish/stupid things.. and i put people in awkward situations.. but nothing "mean" just light-hearted fun :)

but i am also hardcore.. i drink water from the tap... not a bottle ;)
 
hawaii50 said:
actually.. i must change my response... i actually say even weirder things in person... i'm the kind of person who says very outlandish/stupid things.. and i put people in awkward situations.. but nothing "mean" just light-hearted fun :)

but i am also hardcore.. i drink water from the tap... not a bottle ;)
holy fuck i thought you were wootoom cuz of the avi....avi theif ;)
 
hotzie said:
holy fuck i thought you were wootoom cuz of the avi....avi theif ;)

lol.. he told me had this one... i didn't know, i just got out mspaint and cut it out of a still i found on the net last night :p
 
you see a lot of that going on here.. people being something they are not.
 
Top Bottom