Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The most fun you can have

I used to bowfish for carp when I lived in MN. They'd be spawning and I take out the males one by one until there was just one male chasing the female, then I'd take out the female. One time after doing this I could see this fin come hauling ass up river towards me, so I put the bead on it and released the arrow just as it was directly in front of me. It came back out of the water just as fast as it went in. Knocked off my glasses and I was bleeding like a stuck pig. I held my hankie up to my eye to stem the bleeding, and I saw this small carp float up to the surface. I'd hit it right in the hard spot of the head, which caused the arrow to come directly back at me. I still have the scar on the inside of my nose just before the eye. If I hadn't had my glasses on, I'd likely have lost my right eye.

manny78 said:
Where did you make this catch ?
This was in Golden Meadow, Louisiana. It is legal in most other states to shoot non-game fish. The regs on redfish changes from place to place though.

yummmmmm....fresh fish.

you can't buy tht kind of quality at the grocery store.

the retired gentlemen next door to me occassionally lays some freshly caught filets on me......the BEST way to get fresh fish....caught, cleaned, ready to cook and consume.

rnch said:
yummmmmm....fresh fish.

you can't buy tht kind of quality at the grocery store.

the retired gentlemen next door to me occassionally lays some freshly caught filets on me......the BEST way to get fresh fish....caught, cleaned, ready to cook and consume.
That takes all the fun out of it!

SSS, the carp here as so skiddish, it is tough to a shot at them. I have a jon boat that I carry a generator in and I have halogen lights rigged up. Going at night adds a whole new dimension. There are a lot of beavers down here and they smack the water with their tails and it's loud as hell. It freaked me out at first until I realized what it was.

onerepmaximum said:
That takes all the fun out of it!
sice i beeeeez a city boy, i wouldn't know the difference.

quote from my dad: "2 kinds in the world, son......your favorite and free".

perhaps the next time you are in town (and the temperature and humidity are both below 85) you can educate me.

rnch said:
sice i beeeeez a city boy, i wouldn't know the difference.

quote from my dad: "2 kinds in the world, son......your favorite and free".

perhaps the next time you are in town (and the temperature and humidity are both below 85) you can educate me.
It's always bowfishing weather. I have a friend who is about to get stationed in N.O. He is also a bowfisherman, so we can probably get something set up. I promise that if you try it once, you'll be hooked.

lookin' forward to it, onerep...my aim is horrible, though (as proved by the bathroom rug!)

One time, I went out in the White River with the Biologists @ Arkansas Game & Fish Dpet. It was at night like, 11:30 pm. They have big john boat with generator for the lights, and they have shocker wands that are in the water. Me and my buddy rode on the front deck (plywood spot to stand on) we had big nets. The Biologist would hit the shockers around the rocks and trees under water...these big ass German Brown Trout would slowly float to the top. They were still like 30 seconds. So while they are stunned we net them and the biologist grabs them, measures and trims a fin to mark the ones we have caught.

We hauled in over 1000 fish in like 4 hours. Of course they were released. the thing is, it was hard work, but very exciting. I saw trout from 2 lbs to 25 lbs that night. It was a very cool night. We were tired as hell. I mean scooping fish with a long handle net at that rate...it was a definate workout.

It was amazing. One night I definately needed a camera but did not have one.

Top Bottom