Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tendon strain in forarm

flared up what the doctor believes to be tendonitis from months (my stupid fault for not switching up excercises - got caught in the number game) of close grip benching. The inward rotation of my forearms combined with the narrow grip and straight bar killed my gripping ability and hurt like hell under compression.

Take a week off - do legs only - 2 Aleve twice a day for a week... come back and vary your program/excercises.

Could also be a pattern overload injury. How often do you change your excercises?

Despite being a distance swimmer for years and years, I have never had to use a wrap for a strained muscle/tendon

I am wondering if it would help with this though?
Does anybody wrap here?
If i do wrap my forarm, do i need to make it loose, so when it pumps with blood it isn't tooo tight?

Well I tried wrapping today, and it helped some. Reduced pain and strain by about 50% i would guess.

I wear long elbow sleeves...they help, along with warm ups and motrin, alleve, or other anti inflammatories. Ice does wonders too.

B True

Drop the weight and eliminate any curl motions that your palms face up.

No more preacher curls
No more strait bar curls
Do Hammer curls without turning the weights during the peak contraction.
Use an EZ curl bar in replacement of a strait.
Etc...

Try this for a few months and perhaps you will be able to go back to your old routine. I had the same problem and got through it by changing my routine without taking off valuable training time.

Just my 2 cents.

For those of you that get a sharp pain in the forearm when you curl, I may have some advice.

When I was working in a gym late 80's (yeah I'm old) many of us got that killer pain when training bi's.

My advice is:
1. You need to be sure that there is nothing structural wrong.
2. Get some deep tissue massage on it. This helps a lot.
3. Drop the weight slightly for a while.
4. THIS SOUNDS DUMB BUT IS CRITICAL.....When you do your curls, try to relax your grip as much as possible. When you let go of the weight, do it really slow.

My thinking is that when people start getting serious, they get intense, bumping up the weight. When you lift it you strangle the sucker. This puts a lot of force and pressure on your tendons, especially when you do biceps.

Relax the grip... it works a treat.

In the old days of course we just gritted our teeth and did it. Our strategy was I'm here for a good time, not a long time...STUPID.

Hope it helps.

Beef.

karde said:
i have had a strain in the tendon of my right forarm for a while now. It affects my lifting, so i went light for a while, and it didn't heal.

I took 3 weeks off it and came back yesterday, and it still hurts. Doctor only wants to give motrin for it.

Any advice?

I don't want it to get worse, so i am being gentle with it now.

yeah i had the same problem

i pushed threw the pain untill one day i over did it

then it was no more rowing or curling for 6 weeks

go light weight and just try to rehab..... use weight, rep, and range of motion that dont hurt it at all....... no exceptions

X

Thanks for the advice guys. Supposed to go back to the Dr about it. i will ask him about relifin. And avoid palm up exercises.

He wants me to stop completly, but that isn't gonna happen. I will stay light and steady.

Top Bottom