Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplement question

rasta

Has anyone heard of GABA? It is suppost to block something (can't remember what, enzyme I think) that intiates the fat storing process? Anyway is this anything like HMB? Does anyone use HMB? What is it supposed to do?

Thanks
Rasta :goof:

The body converts GABA into GHB once you ingest it, but the results don't seem to be as effective as the straight stuff.
GABA is okay, but my problem is that the GH release is very short; you'd have to use it frequently, maybe carry it around your neck and pop some every time a commercial comes on; even so, I'm not that thrilled with pure GH, let alone precursors

Here's the 411 on HMB. HMB looked great on paper and most of us gave it a whirl in the beginning. HMB is now considered a dying supplement because it's been wounded horribly by word of mouth. In other words, it just didn't do much for most people and word got 'round. Granted, some athletes who used 12 grams a day of this stuff saw some results. To get 12 grams, however, you'd have to take 48 pills at the cost of around $14 a day! Are "some" gains really worth almost 100 clams a week?

Most companies that sell HMB recommend only three grams a day, which isn't an efficacious dosage. However, they knew they couldn't list the real dosage because no one would spend that much on a supplement that doesn't work that great to begin with. The final nail in the coffin came when one of biggest distributors of HMB said it "feels like Deca," which is a steroid. It didn't and the company's reputation took a big hit, at least from the hardcore crowd.

no problem, just wish someone had given me the same advice when hmb came out. I remember spending 85$ a month that crap. :bawling: Oh well, live and learn

Top Bottom