Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Student loans!

easy... go back to school, or better yet, take a job teaching, you can still do the Non Profit but while teaching many will forgive the student loans.. just a thought..

teachers have to pay 10 years (120 payments) to have the remainder forgiven. my wife is a teacher.

Contact the lenders, tell them the situation, and renegotiate the loans. In the past it is common for the lender to extend the payment period. Now with the economic crisis they may even give you a lower interest rate.

It is a common issue that arises, especially for law students who go out after graduation and practice in rural areas or do government (DA) work in small towns.

BTW they will ask you to provide paperwork on income, who your employer is etc. so have all of that lined up.

teachers have to pay 10 years (120 payments) to have the remainder forgiven. my wife is a teacher.

The same goes for the not for profit...I am working at one now. I am waiting for the IBR law to pass July 1, 2009. My phd is in clinical psychology. I am not licensed yet, that takes another year. Then I can make 100k + a year.

i have a sinking feeling that this thread, under the guise of student debt, was made to highlight the impressive achievement of getting a phd...congrats

i have a sinking feeling that this thread, under the guise of student debt, was made to highlight the impressive achievement of getting a phd...congrats

No, it is not. I would have just told you guys....I am more depressed then proud right now.

In Canada we had this student loan thing called OSAP - everybody bought TV's Stereo's furniture and shit like that oh yah books too.
Anyway once you graduated they gave 108 months pay it back....my wife took the full 108. I never qualified for the loans.

So go back to school part time or what ever the minimum is or at least enroll and dont attend...work the system man work it.

Top Bottom