Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strict Diet with Binge Eating

Hellawulf

So typically I stick to a pretty strict diet. 7 weeks ago I started Animal Cuts and CKD, then about 2 weeks ago I came of ketosis and now I just eat purely raw vegetables, fruits, whole wheat bread (occasionally), nuts and Fish and Chicken, excpet.... occasionally I smoke some trees and when I do I get super munchies! When I get these munchies I pig out, eating anything and everything in sight. My parents aren't the dieting type at all so they have a bunch of good munchy foods such as cheetos, oreos, or leftovers like bacon, ham, hasbrowns, burgers, literally every bad food you can probably think of... and I eat like the world is ending. Well this is what I've seen... about a a week and a half ago I stopped smoking (before I was smoking 3-4 times a week - I like to cool down at the end of a long day with a good J or Blunt - wouldn't say I'm pot head) and I noticed I felt more stressed by work (though work may have just been more stressful - had a lot on my shoulders lately) and my weights at the gym dropped. I just didn't feel as good. Also I noticed I seemed more deflated, and due to not smoking I had only been sticking to the strict diet...

So it brings to question... I think I'm actually seeing better results when I stick to dieting as much as I can, other than when I smoke and binge eat. It's like I'm losing the fat when I stick to my diet but I'm maintining my muscle (if not building) when I'm binge eating... therefore I feel like I'm seeing better results when I do smoke and binge eat occasionally... any thoughts on this?

Strategic cheating sounds like what you're talking about. If you're interested, I just started the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet just to see if I can lose those last few pounds, and it has a cheat day every 5 days where you can eat whatever you want to boost your leptin level and metabolism before the next cycle. This program is tough but I'm loving it so far. I'm on day 5/25 and I'm blogging about it as it progresses if you're interested. URL is in my profile under 'Contact Info'. - JK

Well that's what it was like when I was on CKD, and on CKD while doing 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri, and HIIT tues thur sat, I saw the best results I've seen in my entrie life during that 4-5 week period. Then I came off Animal Cut for a week, during which I went back to a regular diet (except really cleaned up) and dropped the smoking (I figured I'd try to just start being really healthy and see where that lead me) and I bloated (due to carbs being back in my diet) but I figured my weights would shoot up due to the intake of more calories and carbs, but it was quite the opposite. My results dropped, and I think its due to not smoking. I started smoking again two days ago, and now I'm starting to feel more like the old me.

Reasons I think marijuana helps training: makes you eat the entire house and when your not eating, unless your having sex, your thinking about what your going to eat next (and after sex, you really want something to eat even more), then after you have eaten like a pig for a couple hours, while playing video games, you get knocked right out, and you sleep the next 8-10 hours, then you wake up like nothing ever happened... plus physically it spikes your metabolism, i.e. part of the reason we get super munchies, and though it lowers your test levels while actually "high" they spike afterwards and continue to stay at a higher rate for quite some time... not to mention the best effect being lowered stress levels, which everyone knows that long term stress (NOT SHORT TERM) can actually cause the body to store fat and deteriorate muscle (slightly, but even slightly can create a complete pause on even the best workout routines).

Anyone else?

I'm no smoker, but inhaling any sort of foreign substance into your body (especially illegal ones) is bound to have a negative effect on your training. Especially if it's causing you to throw your diet to the wind and eat whatever your heart fucking desires.

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. When I'm on a clean diet, it's just that, clean and strategic. I have a cheat meal.. one meal mind you, not day, once every 7-10 days. It gives me something to look forward to.

How did you like the Animal Cuts? I just started this week and so far they are off the chain!!!

IMHO, marijuana will keep your muscles full. THC is a potent vasodilator, and many people report a muscle enlarging effect while on it. And most lifting potheads I know spend more time looking at themselves after smoking....... Being sober all the time sans MJ means more periods of looking less, vasodilated... or something. Might impact you mentally.

And yes, there is likely a sleep enhancing and "experienced" stress lowering effect. Marijuana use actually releases cortisol, a very helpful substance many lifters are petrified of... Cortisol doesn't cause the storage of fat or any of the other shitty thing you hear about it... Cortisol + awful diet + poor lifestyle choices most certainly do though. To the athlete, it's essential. I sincerely doubt it changes test levels at all, nor enhances it during sobriety as a rebound effect... There's not a single shred of science that proves any correlation between THC and test. THC is a potent bronchodilator though, its use is of paramount importance to lifters with asthma.

Strategic cheating with a generally low calorie clean diet is a great way to ensure fat loss and muscle gain will occur simultaneously. A prolonged stint of low calorie/carb clean eating will result in deflated muscles over time. This is why TKD or CKD's are so great. Eating a major surplus after workouts, and less after you've recovered, will make more of those calories work for you... I know many dudes who IF all week and eat - non stop - from Fri-Sun barely leaving the gym but to cook and consume.

IMHO, marijuana will keep your muscles full. THC is a potent vasodilator, and many people report a muscle enlarging effect while on it. And most lifting potheads I know spend more time looking at themselves after smoking....... Being sober all the time sans MJ means more periods of looking less, vasodilated... or something. Might impact you mentally.

And yes, there is likely a sleep enhancing and "experienced" stress lowering effect. Marijuana use actually releases cortisol, a very helpful substance many lifters are petrified of... Cortisol doesn't cause the storage of fat or any of the other shitty thing you hear about it... Cortisol + awful diet + poor lifestyle choices most certainly do though. To the athlete, it's essential. I sincerely doubt it changes test levels at all, nor enhances it during sobriety as a rebound effect... There's not a single shred of science that proves any correlation between THC and test. THC is a potent bronchodilator though, its use is of paramount importance to lifters with asthma.

Strategic cheating with a generally low calorie clean diet is a great way to ensure fat loss and muscle gain will occur simultaneously. A prolonged stint of low calorie/carb clean eating will result in deflated muscles over time. This is why TKD or CKD's are so great. Eating a major surplus after workouts, and less after you've recovered, will make more of those calories work for you... I know many dudes who IF all week and eat - non stop - from Fri-Sun barely leaving the gym but to cook and consume.

Great info! And the effect you brought up must be what I'm experiencing... I couldn't figure it out, I definately noticed that I looked good when I was smoked up, but I figured I was just buzzed and imagining it... I mean I def think I need to eat cleaner when I smoke, I can't keep putting down brownies and pizza, but that does make me feel better about binge eating when I tote.

I usually smoke like 2-3 times a week, but I'll admit sometimes I abuse it and get stoned. How often would you suggest smoking and at what amount could be considered responsible? (for example, if I'm drinking, then responsible drinking would be like 3-5 beers, maybe a couple times a week, would that same logic apply to marijuana? or due to it being less harmful than alcohol and actually having some benefits, would more frequently be good?)

Well that's what it was like when I was on CKD, and on CKD while doing 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri, and HIIT tues thur sat, I saw the best results I've seen in my entrie life during that 4-5 week period. Then I came off Animal Cut for a week, during which I went back to a regular diet (except really cleaned up) and dropped the smoking (I figured I'd try to just start being really healthy and see where that lead me) and I bloated (due to carbs being back in my diet) but I figured my weights would shoot up due to the intake of more calories and carbs, but it was quite the opposite. My results dropped, and I think its due to not smoking. I started smoking again two days ago, and now I'm starting to feel more like the old me.

Reasons I think marijuana helps training: makes you eat the entire house and when your not eating, unless your having sex, your thinking about what your going to eat next (and after sex, you really want something to eat even more), then after you have eaten like a pig for a couple hours, while playing video games, you get knocked right out, and you sleep the next 8-10 hours, then you wake up like nothing ever happened... plus physically it spikes your metabolism, i.e. part of the reason we get super munchies, and though it lowers your test levels while actually "high" they spike afterwards and continue to stay at a higher rate for quite some time... not to mention the best effect being lowered stress levels, which everyone knows that long term stress (NOT SHORT TERM) can actually cause the body to store fat and deteriorate muscle (slightly, but even slightly can create a complete pause on even the best workout routines).

Anyone else?

Honestly, this would have more to do with the bloating. Binging on pizza etc is still carbs and will definitely load your muscles with glycogen, which will give you that "fuller" look. Animal cuts has a diuretic in it, so it stands to reason that stopping and increasing carbs would make you feel bloated in the short term. The only way to know for sure would be to keep your diet the same, smoking or not, but personally, as someone who used to smoke a lot, in the long run, smoking and binging on crap is not going to give you the same results. It just isn't. You can't out train a bad diet. I think you can work around it and include it, if you want but it's not the herb that's making you look fuller. imho, of course. :)

Top Bottom