Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretch Marks

I knew there was a reason to save this post in Word...if I had a dime for every time I replied to a thread about stretchmarks - SHIT, I could buy me some new skin!! LOL

OK....I'm gonna give it to ya straight there sista! I am THE QUEEN of stretchmarks (having had the four bambinos in five years). My cosmetic surgeon explained it to me like this - stretchmarks are the result of your skin literally tearing. Whether they are the result of insufficient skin elasticity (primarily genetic factor) or the result of a body thats insides have surpassed the limits of what the outside can hold (hehe) once they become visible to the eye ie from the surface - the damage has been done from the unseen and most deepest layers of the skin - THERE IS NO CREAM or LOTION or POTION that will "make them go away".....regardless of how old or new they are. Furthermore because they originate from the inside and work their way out to the surface there is NO OVER THE COUNTER anything that can be applied that will stop this process or fade it because any product that can be bought in the absence of a perscription CAN NOT penetrate the most superficial layers of the skin - PERIOD!

Now, is there anything that can be done about them via a doctor's intervention? Perhaps there is, I mean there are chemical peels and dermabrasion and the like that can be done to lessen wrinkles and blemishes that are a result of sun-damage or the normal aging process....but these conditions result from the skin's reaction to EXTERNAL forces and appear from the outermost layers and penetrate their way inward - NOT the other way around!...as in the case of stretchmarks.

There is one thing FOR SURE that will get rid of stretchmarks and that is to have the ENTIRE EFFECTED AREA of the skin surgically removed. I did have 12" of loose skin removed from my abdomen which did get rid of the vast majority of stretchmarks that I had on my abdomen (to give you an idea of how much damage occured, when I was in the final few weeks of pregnancy the muscles on my abdomen were pulled so far apart and the skin ripped so badly that on occasion you could actually see with the naked eye a small hand or foot pass underneath my own skin.....it was fast and faint, but you could see the white color show out underneath the bright red and purple of the layers of my own skin, fascia, and uterus, etc) however, the stretchmarks did extend all the way up to just a couple of inched below my sternum so there still are some stretchmarks remaining just under my navel and a few at either hip.

Now that they old (baby just turned four yrs) they are quite faded and with a good tan or proper lighting - U CAN NOT SEE THEM AT ALL......and even if you can.....SO?!

I have 4 " stretch marks that are now scars under my armpit and running into my pec.

I like them and never plan to lose them. They are wounds of war. I like to look at it this way. "Iv'e been working out so hard it's tearing the skin and now I have stretch marks to show my passion for superiority.

LOL...wounds of war is an interesting way of looking at stretch marks.

Top Bottom