Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stomaching veggies.

bishonen

I'm pretty interested on how you guys make salads. I've never been able to eat vegetables because of taste. The taste (or utter lack of it) just does it in for me, and after about two bites, I'm done. Which is funny, since at a recent dinner I attended I ate a mound of unflavored baked turkey, (no gravy for me, thanks!) but couldn't make more than a small (one lettuce leaf large) dent in the salad.

I get some goodies in my vegetable-and-meat chili, though I'd like to be eating more. But to boot, I find salad dressing nasty!

I do like carrots raw, but that's about it. Any ideas for me?

(I know, I know, so many questions!)

I'// put some pees on a spoon, and make an air plane sound as I move the spoon toward your mouth.

ok really

One way to eat the "nasty" things is to disguise them. Mix them in with the things that you do like. A couple of suggestions would be to put some veggies in your omelets, rice, and soups.

Now you say you don't like dressing, but I'm sure that out of so many different kinds, there must be something that you like...find it.

gymrat123 said:
I'// put some pees on a spoon, and make an air plane sound as I move the spoon toward your mouth.

:lmao: :lmao:

yeah, try mixing them into stuff, or try cooking them in differnent ways. trust me here is probably one out there u like the taste of. tomatoes? sweetcorn?......even lettuce and stuff like hat, either try different dressings ofr just eat it with chicken slices....

Here's a couple recipes from your old pal Frankenfurter:

Whole wheat pita
1/2 cup grilled chicken (cubed)
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp mayo or plain yogurt
1 squeeze lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients (except pita) in a bowl till moistened. Then stuff in the pita, add a dash of hot sauce, and gobble it down.

1 cup grilled chicken
1 cup brocolli spears, cut to bite sized
1/2 cup cauliflower, cut same
1/4 cup snow peas
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1tsp natty peanut butter

Add all ingredients into a very hot pan with 1tsp of sesame oil (use extra virgin oil if you prefer) about 3 mins, salt and black pepper to taste. turn off fire, add 1/2 cup water and the natty PB and stir (you should get a huge steam cloud when you put the water in, if not, your heat wasnt turned up enough. Dump into a plate and eat. Sprinkle some slivered almonds or peanuts over the top for added flavor.

This is a salad dressing that I made. It rocks

1/2 cup EV live oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tbsp red pepper flakes
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 squeeze of lemon juice

Combine all the above and stir or shake until blended. Pour over raw spinach as a dressing or dip raw/steamed brocolli/cauliflower

Good luck bro

mix spinach (cooked) with some low fat cottage cheese. And a little salt. Does wonders for the taste. And tinned spinach tastes NASTY. Don't believe Popeye. I use the cooked frozen stuff as I manage to BURN spinach when I cook it, honest.

Also, harissa (very hot chilli and tomato sauce popular in north african arab countries - try your local tunisian/algerian/moroccan deli), in small amounts sets your mouth on fire and adds taste. Very few cals.

I also use chilli pickles from the pataks range (me to spice up meat, not veggies), it has the same cals as olive oil, but a little goes a LONG way.

None of the above chilli sauces have much sugar - but some others do, check the label.

Lemon juice on its own is nice with beans.

Peas taste nice mashed into plain boiled potatoes with a little salt, and possibly a little low fat cottage cheese.

I hate vegetables and salad dressing too man. Especially lettuce. I tried a spincah salad at a wedding once though and like it, so now that's what I eat. Put a bunch of spinach in a bowl. Use olive oil as dressing. Add bacon bits, flavored croutons, pepper, and a little shredded paremesan, and viola, a very tasty salad. You won't even mind the spinach. It just acts as a delivery mechanism for the tasty oil, croutons, and baco bits. Yum.

:sick: I hate all vegetables IF they are raw, but I love 'em if cooked (whether just steamed crisp or Southern-style squishy). NO salads for me. I can eat raw onions or celery if they're in something like tuna salad. I like raw tomatoes, but technically tomatoes are a fruit, right? On that note, I don't eat much fruit unless someone does the peeling and cutting. I'm too lazy to tackle anything more complicated than a banana. :sleep2:

Just learn to take it like medicine. I can't stand veggies either, so I shovel them into my mouth as fast as I can. Steaming or heating them in the microwave helps alot (especially for broccoli). Raw veggies take forever to chew, but when cooked they are soft and go down easier. Salad dressing helps, but since its mostly fat, I never add any.

This morning I had a HUGE bowl of raw spninach. Nasty as hell, but not any worse then canned tuna. I've noticed my strength go up when I eat huge amounts of veggies. It could be all in my head though, since I used to love watching Popeye as a kid.

FitFossil said:
On that note, I don't eat much fruit unless someone does the peeling and cutting. I'm too lazy to tackle anything more complicated than a banana. :sleep2:

:lmao:

I'll give cooking them a shot, but slathering them in bacon bits, (mmm..) crutons, and salad dressing sorta defeats the purpose. :)

I'll give steaming a shot, and I'm looking for more recipes incorporating veggies, like beef & broccoli and such.

And to answer the hypothetical question, other than carrots (and the small, sweet, high GI ones at that) even looking at veggies make me ill. Broccoli? Lettuce? Beets? Peas? Cauliflower? Spinach? :sick:

But I do like pickles. ;)

cooking is definitely ace!

For recipes... try stirfrying veggies like snow peas and broccoli, cauliflower, small carrots, corn, etc etc with strips of lean beef or chicken and a lil soy sauce, this tastes pretty good.

Also for a spinach salad, use baby spinach, 2 green apples cubed, and mix in some balsamic vinegar, cheese, and a bit of salt, this actually tastes very good, and I don't usually like spinach

Top Bottom