Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

State of the Union

PsychoSkitz

New member
If Bush can't think of anything more than "Our resolve is strong and we will kill off terrorism." I'll be pissed.

It was cool the first few times, but after 4 months of hearing it, I wonder if he really is nothing more than the moron he was except now he's a moron in war.

Do I really think he's great or do I think my country is great? Tonight will make my decision clearer.
 
so far

So far your correct, George Bush is a poster boy while the Generals run the war and along with it, keep Bush's ratings up.
Bush is a nothing.
Bush is bad.
Boo Bush.
Hiss.
!
 
Re: so far

TheGame2001 said:
So far your correct, George Bush is a poster boy while the Generals run the war and along with it, keep Bush's ratings up.
Bush is a nothing.
Bush is bad.
Boo Bush.
Hiss.
!

When did you become homosexual?

I think you've been spending too much time with superchick...

:D
 
Last edited:
I'll wait till tomorrow to find out what he said. I expect about half an hour of applause. I recall that's what happened when daddy bush gave his state of the union after the gulf war.
 
PsychoSkitz said:
If Bush can't think of anything more than "Our resolve is strong and we will kill off terrorism." I'll be pissed.

It was cool the first few times, but after 4 months of hearing it, I wonder if he really is nothing more than the moron he was except now he's a moron in war.

Do I really think he's great or do I think my country is great? Tonight will make my decision clearer.

i wouldnt take his speech's as a determining factor on whether he's a moron. the fact is, that he has horrible speech writers who can not match a speech up with his style of speaking.

i cant even watch him speak on TV because its so horrible. clinton had great speech writers. they matched his style of speaking. Dubya is a laid back easy speaking texas cow-poke. he needs to just be himself.

p.s. i think he has "little-man's syndrome"
 
well now that you bring it up, I'm a pretty jealous person. I'm jealous I'm not blonde, I'm jealous that I'm not 6'5", I'm jealous I don't make a 6 figure salary, I'm jealous I never had a pony growing up, I'm jeaous I never had Electronic Battleship when I was a kid, and I'm really fucking jealous I don't own a chimp.

Man that was very refreshing!!!!

still trying to find out why saying "daddy bush" makes me jealous. Am I jealous that I'm not Bush Seniors' son?
 
Train Harder said:
The speech was well done. I think he's improved a lot on his public speaking skills.

Definitely. He was terrible early on, got better during September (spoke a lot) and now is almost good.

Clinton was excellent, and Reagan maybe even better.
 
his speech was well done........


<earey silence....crickets churping in the darkness>


yes that is what I said:)
 
sound was off at the gym so I only had visuals and text
When he thanked the Afghan leader/chairman/whatever I started cracking up. Sorry but it reminded me of a bad latenight scifi movie, where the great leader introduces someone, he stands up to applause adjusting his robes (scifi politicos always wear robes), and the leader nods graciously towards him. It was just so.... theatrical.
 
Watching recaps on Hardball, it seems like dubya did a real good job. I think the fact that he's not the greatest speaker, makes him more sincere. He did a great job pointing out the economic condition right at the very start of his speech.

I'd give him an 8 out of 10, only because he didn't really specify what he was going to do on the domestic side, he was too vague.
 
spongebob said:
<he findly realized why he's jealous >

NO SHIT!!!

Natureboy - I asked why you said 'daddy bush.' The reason I asked is because it reminds me of the kid's that had cars in high school. Hmmmm.... the kids walking home from school were the first one's to scream 'Oh, daddy bought him that car.' Yeah... so?
Well, the kid's with the car's weren't the one's saying that, trying to poke fun at the other kid's with cars. The other's did because they were jealous.

Main Entry: jeal·ous
Pronunciation: 'je-l&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English jelous, from Old French, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin zelosus, from Late Latin zelus zeal -- more at ZEAL
Date: 13th century
1 a : intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness b : disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness
2 : hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage
3 : vigilant in guarding a possession <new colonies were jealous of their new independence -- Scott Buchanan>

I was making an observation. Were you exhibiting jealous behaviour? Yes or no Natureboy.

Also, did you read my reply to the 'Props to The Gate's thread???
--
 
Crazier said:


NO SHIT!!!

Natureboy - I asked why you said 'daddy bush.' The reason I asked is because it reminds me of the kid's that had cars in high school. Hmmmm.... the kids walking home from school were the first one's to scream 'Oh, daddy bought him that car.' Yeah... so?
Well, the kid's with the car's weren't the one's saying that, trying to poke fun at the other kid's with cars. The other's did because they were jealous.

Main Entry: jeal·ous
Pronunciation: 'je-l&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English jelous, from Old French, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin zelosus, from Late Latin zelus zeal -- more at ZEAL
Date: 13th century
1 a : intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness b : disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness
2 : hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage
3 : vigilant in guarding a possession <new colonies were jealous of their new independence -- Scott Buchanan>

I was making an observation. Were you exhibiting jealous behaviour? Yes or no Natureboy.

Also, did you read my reply to the 'Props to The Gate's thread???
--

no. as I said. It's easier for me to say "daddy bush" then George Bush Sr., it that concept hard for you to understand?
 
The Nature Boy said:


no. as I said. It's easier for me to say "daddy bush" then George Bush Sr., it that concept hard for you to understand?

Seeing that 'daddy bush' has 3 syllable's and the long drawn out 'George Bush Sr' has 4 syllable's... I guess I can understand that it is easier for you to say. Understood Corky... ;)
--
 
Crazier said:


Seeing that 'daddy bush' has 3 syllable's and the long drawn out 'George Bush Sr' has 4 syllable's... I guess I can understand that it is easier for you to say. Understood Corky... ;)
--

obviously you have some sort of problem with me, and frankly I don't really care. If you don't like what I have to say, then simply use the ignore function. It's that easy.
 
The Nature Boy said:


obviously you have some sort of problem with me, and frankly I don't really care. If you don't like what I have to say, then simply use the ignore function. It's that easy.

Damn bro... don't :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: a fucking river. I was just fucking with you. DAMN!!! You on clomid by chance? Ohhh... and did you see my reply to your thread? http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=107370

Relax Nature Boy... I have no one on ignore, and I'm not going to ignore anyone... especially you, as I enjoy your posts... and fucking with you... ;)

It's all in fun bro.
--
 
Crazier said:


Damn bro... don't :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: a fucking river. I was just fucking with you. DAMN!!! You on clomid by chance? Ohhh... and did you see my reply to your thread? http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=107370

Relax Nature Boy... I have no one on ignore, and I'm not going to ignore anyone... especially you, as I enjoy your posts... and fucking with you... ;)

It's all in fun bro.
--

damn now I feel like a jackass. sorry crazier. I was being a crankypants.

Dang I hate it when I over react!! My apologies again. Now I see what kind of sense of humor you have. I'll be ready for your smartass remarks next time. I should have taken the "corky" reference as a hint.
 
speaking of the state of the union. here is what the head of the libertarian party had to say about it. **note: i recieve their newsletter so this is my source.**


===============================
NEWS FROM THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY
2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Suite 100
Washington DC 20037
World Wide Web: http://www.LP.org
===============================
For release: January 30, 2002
===============================
For additional information:
George Getz, Press Secretary
Phone: (202) 333-0008 Ext. 222
E-Mail: [email protected]
===============================


Bush's State of the Union speech
was a historic 'missed opportunity'

WASHINGTON, DC -- George W. Bush missed a historic opportunity in his
State of the Union address last night by not refocusing the federal
government on its primary function: Defending the lives and rights of
American citizens.

Instead, he outlined a laundry list of 39 new government proposals, new
expenditures, and expanded programs -- as well as a potentially
endless, worldwide "War on Terrorism," said Libertarian Party Executive
Director Steve Dasbach.

"George Bush's compassionate conservatism is sounding a lot like
compulsive Clintonism," he said. "Instead of using September 11 as an
opportunity to limit the federal government to its core role of
defending America, President Bush is using the tragic terrorist attacks
as an excuse to further expand the federal government."

In fact, during his 48-minute speech, Bush proposed 39 new or expanded
government initiatives, according to the Cato Institute -- which is
almost as many on a per-minute basis as Bill Clinton proposed in his
last State of the Union address.

Such a strategy not only flies in the face of what conservatives
profess to believe -- it also makes Americans less secure, said
Dasbach.

"A sprawling, trying-to-do-everything federal government cannot
effectively focus on protecting Americans against foreign threats," he
said. "A government that tries to do too much will end up doing too
little where it really matters -- keeping us safe from foreign
threats."

In his State of the Union speech:

* Bush proposed the "largest increase in defense spending in two
decades." He also said the U.S. will take action against an "axis of
evil" -- nations like North Korea, Iraq, and Iran which have the
potential to develop weapons of mass destruction.

Missed opportunity: America doesn't need to spend more money to protect
itself -- it needs to spend less money smarter, said Dasbach.

"September 11 could have been used as an opportunity to bring American
troops home from the 144 nations and territories where they are
stationed; to stop subsidizing the defense of wealthy European nations;
and to stop intervening in foreign conflicts that do not affect our
security," he said. "Instead, September 11 is being used as an excuse
to rid the entire world of 'evil-doers,' while spending more money than
we did during the Cold War.

"What President Bush should have done is announce clear, measurable,
and finite goals for this War on Terrorism. Our nation's best interests
will be served by decisive action that targets the guilty, spares the
innocent, and ends as quickly as possible."

* In a clear reference to Enron, Bush said corporations should be "held
to the highest standard of conduct."

Missed opportunity: Bush should have used the Enron debacle to vow to
end wasteful corporate welfare, said Dasbach.

"While there is clear evidence of irresponsibility by Enron executives,
many Americans don't realize that politicians used tax dollars to
irresponsibly enrich those same executives," he said. "Over the past
few years, Enron has received at least $1.6 billion from the federal
government in Import-Export Bank subsidies and from the federal
Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

"What Bush should have done is promise to immediately end all Aid to
Dependent Corporations -- especially ones with corrupt executives and
shoddy accounting practices."

* Bush unveiled the USA Freedom Corps, which will expand the AmeriCorps
program and the Peace Corps, and promote "service" to the nation.

Missed opportunity: Bush should have abolished Bill Clinton's tax-
funded AmeriCorps program, said Dasbach -- and publicly rejected the
notion that compassion comes with a government paycheck attached to it.

"President Bush should have realized that you don't display your love
for country by becoming a tax-funded volunteer," he said. "And Bush
should have promised to take the money that has been squandered on the
AmeriCorps program and return it to individual citizens -- who can best
decide how to spend it to help their nation."

* Finally, Bush promised to extend unemployment benefits, expand the
Head Start program, upgrade teacher colleges, enact a Patients' Bill of
Rights, and expand Medicare to give seniors coverage for prescription
drugs.

Missed opportunity: Bush should have used the current economic downturn
to start trimming government programs and spending, said Dasbach.

"Bush's modest tax cuts, which passed last year, were a nice start to
help revitalize the economy," he said. "But that effort will now be
undercut by more government spending, more bureaucracy, and higher
deficits. Regretfully, each of Bush's 39 new and expanded programs will
further slow the effort to create economic growth."

In his State of the Union speech, Bush said he supported "limits on
state power," noted Dasbach.

"Whether in the area of national defense, corporate welfare,
volunteerism, or federal programs, Bush should start to put that
limited-government principle into practice," he said. "The fact that he
did not do so was his greatest missed opportunity."
 
The Nature Boy said:


damn now I feel like a jackass. sorry crazier. I was being a crankypants.

Dang I hate it when I over react!! My apologies again. Now I see what kind of sense of humor you have. I'll be ready for your smartass remarks next time. I should have taken the "corky" reference as a hint.

i was just screwing wit ya too NB, but i know you knew that. ;)
 
Top Bottom