Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting a log, training like a madman to work out my anger!

Hey bro sorry I haven't checked In lately but I have been busy working on my own issues lol. Working too much Is really putting stress on my relationship ugh.. Anyways keep killing it, I have just started to do cleans and I am really loving them also, I will follow your advice on the stricter form with less weight. Seems to be the way to go. Your gym aggression is inspiring as always , I've been reading yours and then instead of laying in bed for an extra hour before work I run down to the gym and pound out like a 30 min bike ride or Ab sesh or whatever .. So thx for the motivation ;) eventually you will let go, or you will run into someone else who will brighten your life bro, it's exactly what happened to me and now I'm with someone I feel lucky to have met, totally changed me. Keep it up :)!

Ride it like you stole it!!

Alright just read the past month/12 pages of your log.
1. God damn you spend a lot of time in the gym.
2. What's your weight at now? I saw you're 6'4" and 188lbs. (PS I'm 5'6"--you almost have a foot on me....fuck i feel short)
3. I'll be following!

I'm glad to have all of you aboard :)

Haha thanks Dr. Muscle.

Rus, she sounds like a good gal. I'm sure you'll be able to work through it. Just don't let someone special slip away! I'll support you bro I know that shit is such a stresser.

Also man you're strong as fuck so once you get used to the power clean technique I see you doin some sick weight. I think that it's one of the toughest lifts on at technical standpoint though.

Building, I'm at like 192 now :) Thought I was 194 but (this is where it gets graphic) I took the biggest shit I think I've ever taken yesterday and since then scale says 192. And hey 5'6 is fine, man my friends used to give me so much shit because I drove a small car and when I got out they'd say I looked like a clown.

Yesterday was SICK arms workout.

I was there for 4 hours, but I had brought food to eat 2 hours in because I was expecting a monster workout. And that it was.

Started with deadlifts because I was waiting for my boy to get to the gym. I'm still teachin him how to lift. Not that I'm an expert :p but he weighs like 140 lbs, just a super skinny guy. Poor dude looked like he was about to die several times during arms.

High rep deadlifts are a bitch by the way

Deadlift: 315 x 2 / 355 x 1 / 315 x 5 / 275 x 8 / 245 x 12 / 225 x 15 / 195 x 20 / 155 x 30

I didn't get to log numbers on the arms workout but it was beastly. I made it us as we went along

Started at preacher curls, I put 4 5 lb plates on each side and started curling until I failed then told my buddy to drop 5 lbs off each side, and I'd continue with no rest. Arms were more than on fire. So I started with 20 lbs on each side, then 15, 10, 5, and an empty curl bar which I hit 20 reps with.

Immediately after that I did 40 hammer curls with 20 lbs. Good form. I got to like 30 unbroken then took a quick breath and kept going. Nothing more painful than those drop set high rep curls! I mean, biceps, forearms, and even my hands were on fire!

Then we did 3 sets of negative reps right after that. Those were much worse than they sound after doing 5 sick dropsets and 40 quick reps. My buddy would lift the weight up on the preacher curl for me and I'd try to lower it down over 5-10 seconds. On the fifth rep he'd raise the weight and my arms just dropped lol, especially on the last set I'm not sure I even got a second.

Then we hit high weight low rep alternating dumbells. I was getting 4-6 reps. 3 Sets of that.

Then we finished biceps off with supersets of lying high cable curls and rope curls.

Triceps were the same setup. We started tricep pushdowns and I'd get like 8-10 reps, then fail and go to the next lowest weight. Then 40 overhead extentions.

Then we hit negative reps on close grip bench. 3 Sets. After that, skull crushers 4-6 reps. Then I finished it off with dips and seated incline what I call "L extentions"

My friend left and I did some more isolation movements on arms. It was a killer workout, and my arms haven't been this sore in a long time! The arm part took about 2 hours. It really was tougher than it sounds in my opinion. My goal for that was go for the pump, get blood rushing into the arms, and then hit them with everything you got after that.

Then I ran 3 miles. 3 miles after those deads felt like 10 miles for some reason. I was running like 6:35 minute miles and that was kicking my ass. It had to be from those high rep deadlifts. When I got to 20 and 30 reps it really smoked me, as I'm not used to that at all. Which is good!

30 minutes of cardio total, I did 10 mins of stair stepper.

That last post was long as shit.

My body feels beat up all over today, real beat up! I think I need to take it a little easier on the legs, I've clearly been hitting them extremely hard doing the 2-3 times a week intense leg workouts.

So all I did today was 5x5 squatting. My first set (after a warmup of course) was 3 reps because my ass failed to get 225 even 4 times. I've gotten it 4 reps before so that tells me the legs need a break. I still did squats but I was planning on doing more 50/40/30/20/10/10/20/30/40/50 shit. That's mostly a mental workout don't get me wrong but I think it's too demanding for right now so I backed off.

Squats: 225 x 3 / 215 x 5 / 215 x 5 / 215 x 5 / 210 x 5 / 210 x 5

Funny story for yall. Man when I squat I put out as much as I can. My mentality is I'm always going to try to get that last rep even if I end up dropping the bar on the spotter pins. That happens sometimes too haha.

So I'm on like rep 3 or 4 and it's literally taking me like 10 seconds to stand up, I'm pushing as hard as I can, getting dizzy, fighting for that last rep, but I know I'll get it. So this skinny guy seees me and sprints over to the squat rack to like help me up because he thinks I'm going down with the bar. He rushes to the squat rack and right when he gets there I explode up into my 5th rep I'd been fighting through. So he walks off and on my next set he does the same thing.

Haha I appreciate the gesture I guess but I had it and if I didn't I'd have just dropped it on the pins.

I think I scared the shit out of the dude like 3 times before he realized that it was just heavy ass weight for me and I wasn't half assing my squats. He came dashing over to the rack I think two more times after the first time he did it.

After the squats I just did 30 mins of stair stepper. I'd like to go back in later for maybe some more cardio or abs because I always have this irrational fear that my body will be ruined from an easier day and then a day of rest tomorrow. I know that aint gonna happen in 2 days but I'm weird like that.

I'm feeling some more whole grain pancakes by the way. Yesterday I ate a total of 8 pancakes! Each has about 130 calories, no sugar, 27 carbs, and 7 grams protein! It tastes good too. I'm addicted to those things now and they're a great source of carbs

Well I didn't end up going back to the gym today. Had a birthday party to go to but I didn't eat junk food there. Then when I got home my dad had got some Mexican food from this place like Taco Bell. I've been workin out 2-4 hours a day last week and went to the gym 13 days in a row so I felt like I earned some fast food. Had myself 5 tacos and then a gordita because my dad couldn't eat all of the food he got, wimp.

Figured I could use the calories. I might do some cardio tomorrow, if I do I'll just go in and ride a bike moderately for like 45 mins- 1 hour. It would need to be moderate because I don't want to interfere with the recovery of my legs

I'm realllllly thinkin about drinkin some beers tonight. Havent had any since like last Friday. Idk since I already ate fast food even though that was like over 2 hours ago beers on top of that probably won't help my cause. Then again, I doubt one night is gonna fuck me over. It's been a long stressful week and some beer sounds great right now. OR, or... I could just drink some straight whiskey to eliminate the extra carbs. What to do what to do?

Tons of energy today and lots of aggression in the gym. Woke up kinda depressed but by the time I got to the gym and for the rest of the day I was in a fairly good mood. I honestly can't remember the last time that was, no shit. Hope it lasts, I pray it lasts... I really could use some relief.

Anyway I went in and fuckin killed that shit today. Tons of agression. And I had just gotten really annoyed with some accounting homework right before the gym so that kinda helped too hah.

Today was chest primarily. It's go time. Nonstop for 3 hours!

I'm not sure if I should pick less weight when I'm doing, say, 30 reps, or stick with what I was doing. See what was happening was on bench, with 30 reps, I'd get to like 15 reps, have to hold the bar up for a couple seconds, get 5 more reps, but then after that I'd have to completely rack the weight and rest like 10 -15 seconds, hop back on and knock out 1 or 2 reps. It was intense as fuck and felt like a grind, but I'm not sure whether to just keep attacking that fuckin weight until I hit 30 or maybe drop 15-20 lbs and be able to sqeeze out the majority of the reps unbroken.

I'm leaning towards looking for middle ground, maybe getting like 75% of the reps before I hit failure instead of 50%. Any suggestions are welcome. I love throwing high ass reps in because it really confuses my muscles and adds tons of intensity. Intensity is what it's all about.

Anyway enough text diarrhea.

Dumbell Bench: 70 x 5 / 70 x 5 / 75 x 5 / 75 x 5 / 75 x 3 / 70 x 5 / 70 x 5 / 70 x 4 / 65 x 5
Incline Dumbell: 65 x 5/ 65 x 5 / 60 x 5 / 60 x 5 / 60 x 5 / 60 x 5
Decline Dumbell: 60 x 5 / 60 x 5 / 55 x 5 / 55 x 6 / 55 x 5 / 55 x 5
Power Clean (EXPLOSIVE little rest in between!) : 135 x 5 / 145 x 5 / 140 x 5 / 140 x 5 / 140 x 5 / 135 x 5 / 135 x 5 / 135 x 5 /135 x 5 / 135 x 5
Smith Machine Bench: 90 x 30 / 110 x 20 / 130 x 10 / 150 x 5 / 145 x 5
Hammer Strength Incline: 80 x 30 / 90 x 20 / 100 x 10 / 140 x 5 / 130 x 5

3 Sets pushups to failure, rest 10 secs, failure, rest, failure again = 1 set

Incline Dumbell Flys: 30 x 8 / 25 x 8 / 25 x 8
Dumbell Flys Flat: 25 x 8 / 22.5 x 8 / 22.5 x 8 / 20 x 10

About 15 mins of abs

Then ran 4 miles

Form on the cleans was *perfect* but I caught myself landing with my legs out wide on rep 5 of 145 lbs so I dropped to preserve form.

Also, 75 x 5 flat bench is (sadly) a PR for me. I've always been a very weak bencher but fuck it I'm in there working harder than the guys I see benchin 315 in my gym.

Hahah awesome workout and good log man! The feelings of happiness should keep coming back more and more trust me I have been there man. And seriously, that's a killer workout !!

Ride it like you stole it!!

37 sets is a lot man damn. As you know, this whole log you've gone really high in volume, I believe you body is ready to have the rebound effect and overcompensate if you rest a little/lower volume and jack up the protein/fats/some carbs and get some good sleep.

Just my 2 cents. GOod work on the PR

Thanks guys.

That overcompensation stuff is no joke. My arms look so much bigger in the past 2 weeks since I backed off and quit working them twice a week. I need to plan a week where I just take it much easier on everything

Top Bottom