Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting a diet and getting sick

jersey boy

How many of you have gotten a couple of weeks into a diet where everything seems to be going great only to get sick and because of the rapid weight loss just said the hell with it a decided to go back and try to gain the lost weight back?
This almost invariably happens when I start a diet.
Any advice???

Last edited:
What kind of diet are you using? I suspect your diet is either too extreme, i.e. your restricting calories too much, or you're not getting sufficent vitamins and minerals.

I do have a habit of limiting too much fat in an attempt to drop b/f.
The problem is that I simply cannot keep up with my caloric intake needs when eating clean.
stats: wt 260
b/f 10%
It takes all I can just to keep the body weight from dropping in the off season. Perhaps there is someone out there who needs a shitload of calories while dieting who can help a guy out with some tips???

can you post your diet so we can take a look at it?you're 260 10%
that's some good stats man.......how low are you trying to get??

jersey boy said:
How many of you have gotten a couple of weeks into a diet where everything seems to be going great only to get sick and because of the rapid weight loss just said the hell with it a decided to go back and try to gain the lost weight back?
This almost invariably happens when I start a diet.
Any advice???

Leptin modulates immune function, thus its suppression on a diet. adding refeeds as well as not cutting calories too much will help this.

ParDeus
www.avantlabs.com

Getting back to this, I really can't say that I have with any consistency stayed on a "diet" per se. Initially, I just cut out garbage calories e.g Micky D's, cheeses, candy, and othre fried foods. This gives me great results for the first 2 weeks or so just around the time I start to need to do some cardio or fine tune my diet I experience not just feeling tired and grumpy but actual flu-like symtoms. I try to do some Vit C and Echinacea but usually it is too late, I get frustrated and go back to recoup my losses.
This is why I need to know if there are those who truly need to have a lot of fat in their diets while getting ripped.
What are refeeds???
I have also used flax seed oil to help with the lack due to a cleaner diet, but hey just don't seem to do the trick either.

Top Bottom