Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starch vs. wheat

jybekolu

What is worse - starch or wheat? You see, here in the country where I live, they have this pasta made of starch basically (a transparent kind of paste you find in chinese food). But mostly I can choose to either eat the starch pasta, or the ordinary wheat pasta. What should I choose as a healthier option?

Starch is nothing more then glucose molecules strung together in long polypeptide chains. It's a classification of a chemical structure. What is the starch pasta made from? Potato starch?

Potato based pasta would be a much better choice then wheat pasta in my opinion. The problem with wheat is the gluten that it contains. Gluten is very inflammatory in the body and a lot of people have a food sensitivity to it. I have recommended a lot of my clients remove gluten from their diet and they all reported back that their digestive system feels much better as a whole after doing so.

Have consumed wheat products all my life. Would be surprised if I am actually allergic to gluten. So I'd say go for wheat

Starch usually has a higher glycemic index, so I would rather opt for wheat pasta if the choice were only between the two. However, as a general rule, better opt for rice or butwheat - these are much healthier options, and they will give you more energy that will last for longer.

I would go for rice instead. It is a much better choice.......and that is coming from a person who works for a bread company!

Bad thing about wheat is, it contains gluten. Which makes for bloating and puffier nipples... and potentially intestinal problems (even if you are not celiac). I'd strongly suggest TRY a gluten-free diet (most cereals out, including wheat obviously) for a few weeks, see how you feel.

Top Bottom