Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stallion Labs Product (Oil Carrier Info)

GymIntensity said:
hmmm, come on bro. A good bro I get gear from IS an actual chemist. He hasn't said anything about EO eating away rubber.

Have you asked him if it is possible?
If not why did you bother posting?
If you did, exellent post.

Interesting, a search on google turned up several results about this. I'd like to hear more about this considering alot of labs are heading this direction.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6001822-description.html
"Pure ethyl oleate, and mixtures of oils containing a major proportion of ethyl oleate, attack certain plastics or rubber components of commonly used veterinary syringes to an unacceptable extent. "

----

pentatonic said:
Interesting, a search on google turned up several results about this. I'd like to hear more about this considering alot of labs are heading this direction.

"Pure ethyl oleate, and mixtures of oils containing a major proportion of ethyl oleate, attack certain plastics or rubber components of commonly used veterinary syringes to an unacceptable extent. "

----

good research, i though elite members would google it themselves too see what the deal is. i guess since black sheep says ok and puts sales before health my posts where overlooked......

the lab had good intention with EO but its too strong of a solvent to keep oils for mass production in vials

pentatonic said:

----

I tried a google search but was not as sucessful as you are. I am going to take the rubber stopper out of a vial of EO that I have had for a year that is laying on it's side, so the stopper is in pure EO and has been for over a year. I am curious to see what it looks like.

That will be the test for me - I dont care what people think or assume - if a rubber stopper that has been sitting in EO for over a year shows no signs of Deterioration then I am not going to get paranoid over it. This is a statement about the rubber in syringes - so I am going to test that myself as well. I will take photos of my experiements and post them up.

Now you guys have me curious, but I am not waving the white flag yet.

black sheep said:
I tried a google search but was not as sucessful as you are. I am going to take the rubber stopper out of a vial of EO that I have had for a year that is laying on it's side, so the stopper is in pure EO and has been for over a year. I am curious to see what it looks like.

That will be the test for me - I dont care what people think or assume - if a rubber stopper that has been sitting in EO for over a year shows no signs of Deterioration then I am not going to get paranoid over it. This is a statement about the rubber in syringes - so I am going to test that myself as well. I will take photos of my experiements and post them up.

Now you guys have me curious, but I am not waving the white flag yet.

I'm curious too, esp. since alot of the UG labs I see now are going that direction. Of course, i'd never store my gear in the syringe but I am curious of the vial stopper. I would assume they are both butyl rubber though??

I found that patent application too. It does only mention the rubber used in syringes.

I look forward to seeing the results of Black Sheep's check. I note that EO is sold in a normal amber glass vial with a rubber seal. I'm inclined to think that it'll be OK from the vial but would recommend against leaving it in the syringe.

Last edited:
blut wump said:
I found that patent application too. It does only mention the rubber used in syringes.

I look forward to seeing the results of Black Sheep's check. I note that EO is sold in a normal amber glass vial with a rubber seal. I'm inclined to think that it'll be OK from the vial but would recommend against leaving it in the syringe.

I agree. plus, most people can arrange their vials to be placed upright. If the vial is in the upright position, it doesn't give the EO time to aggravate the rubber. problem solved. dont preload syringes with EO for several months. just have to use common sense with precaution.

Fumes can still have action. In some circumstances, fumes can be more corrosive than immersion due to the presence of air.

I've still not found anything definitive on this.

Top Bottom