Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprinter Routine (Legs 2 days a week, is that too much?)

So, you think I can squat w/o a squat rack? I'll do it if it's safe but I don't want to get injured. My form on Box and normal squat is very good, according to my coach but i've never done it w/o a rack.
I'm taking your advice and looking at the olympic lifts, i've done some snatches, power presses, and cleans before but that's about it.

How does this look?

Day 1: Bench, Incline, Power Clean, and push press
Day 2: Spirints, pylo's and abs, Over head, or Front squats..maybe both.
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Same as Day 1
day 5: Same as Day 2
Weekends: Sprints, abs and pylos

Squatter, what do you think?
So, that will be sprinting 4 times or 3 times/week...Plyos and lifts 2 times/week.
3x 350's, and 4x200's...Recovery time: 3:50 for 350's, and 2:00 for 200's.

tips

hey, i just retred from the sprinting industry. Been doing it for 8 years at alll kinds of levels. i burnt out, but work hard. My coach( former olympic sprinter had us do upper body on monday, wed, friday. he had us do legs twice a week on tuesday and thrusday. One day is heavy and one day is really light. Do all your workouts after you run your sprint workout. Plyos should be done everyday before workouts. if you want i can give you an awsome sprint workout, youll hate me fo giving it to you because its hard as hell, but it works i garuntee it. If u want more info just PM me, and ill be more than happy to help out.

So, I should run everyday I lift? And lift after the sprints? Pylos everyday, and upperbody 3 times/week?
I PM'd you before, but I don't know if you got it or not.
Thanks for the help man.

Sprint Training

Legs 2x/week - Individal thing but sound o-k. Do continuous warm up drills, light horizental plyos, and form work at least 2 additional days on top for maintenance of optimum proprioception & biofeedback etc.

Shoulders - alt. dumbell front raise hammer grip.

Back - not alot, upper back is imp.

*Do some reverse hyper work for sure, as well as a ton of core work: hyper extended front raises, hyper extension twists, trunk rotaional stuff, mountans of ab work, get on the stability ball!

Remember that base work (longer sprints) comes early on.

sample

During foundational stages I would separate your squatting from your sprint workouts, then go to a phase which combines the two in a 70% squat intensity and 30% sprint intensity, with still seperate workouts of each, then go to a phase which combines the two in a 50%-50% style with still seperate workouts for each, then for the final phase go 30% squat-70% sprint with only spint workouts in addition.

1st phase leg work ie:

Day 1 squats

Day 3 70-30

Day 5 Sprints

Day 2 & 6: continuous warmup & light horizental plyos

Top Bottom