Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spot reduction

JLowe02

i know, statistically insignificant when talking about body fat loss, but what about when talking about body fat % loss?

The way i see it, there are two ways to reduce body fat%. one is to lose body fat, and the other is to add lean muscle tissue. While its much easier to lose body fat than to build muscle, bulding muscle should spot reduce the body fat % in the area which its built right?

man 200 pounds is 10% bf. thats 20 pounds of fat. He adds 5 pounds of lean muscle tissue putting him at 205. he still has 20 pounds of fat, so his bf% will be approx 9.75. but if that muscle is only added in his legs, then only his legs will appear leaner.

i know this isnt practical for the most part, but for people very lean except for that small flap of skin they can pinch at their abs, perhaps the answer isnt diet, but a mass-building workout focusing on abs, obliques and lower back.

i could be wrong tho, just thought i would throw that out there.

There is some evidence that lactic acid is used as energy as well as Catecholamines epinephrine and norepinephrine can bind to alpha and beta Adrenergic receptors on fat and muscle tissue locally. If this is true then spot reduction is not a myth at all
All I know is noone who thinks it's a myth can disprove that theroy that hormones can bind to muscle and fat to local areas during exercise the sane way blood , oxygen and fuel are pumped to local areas during exercise

i guess my point was, and this hints around what you said, that spot reduction doesn't work through diet, but through exercise.

gjohnson5 said:
The other thing I need to research is the use of albuterol and other beta receptor inhalers on muscle cells in the lungs and in the heart. This would also be another example of localized fat loss

true

Top Bottom