Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soy Protein Estrogen Connection

AceFrehley

I was listening to a fitness talk radio show this week. The host of the show was discussing Soy Protein. He said that Soy Protein mimics human estrogen. He said that men interested in getting in shape should avoid it like the plague!

Any info. on the Soy / Estrogen connection.

PS - I was eating the shit like candy:confused:

I have heard it has strong connections to estrogen levels...Haven't really looked into it though...do a search...there are threads on it here...probably alot of them

I think the connection is that soy has estrogenic properties or something like that. I dont eat the stuff, thats about all I know!

I believe the estrogen content in soy products is called phyto-estrogens.
It seems I heard there's one other plant that has similar estrogenic properties, but I can't remember what it was (it might have been flax, but I'm probably wrong).
I remember hearing that in addition to having some strong anti-oxidants, soy also has an estrogenic effect. I can't drink regular milk, but I drink a TON of soy milk, in addition to eating soy yogurt. I did an internet search on phyto-estrogens, but didn't come up with much. I've seen one soy product that states it can help post-menopausal women with its estrogenic effects, but who knows if that's really true anyway....

I'd be REALLY interested if anyone knows anything else on the subject. Can soy products inhibit natural androgenic effects of test (I mean regular test levels). Can too much soy inhibit the effects of gear????

I did an EF search, but didn't find anything either. If any of you guys know, please fill the rest of us in...........

SOy does contain two phyto-estrogens i believe one of the names starts with a G and the other with a D. They act in the body as weak estrogens. Soy protein is usually 'prescribed' to post menapausel women

Soy is a Phyto-Estrogen which just means plant estrogen there are several others such as black cohosh and red clover, they mimic estrogen, many women use them for any hormone imbalance with great success, In years past it has been said if you are a man concerned about this to avoid it, there is some new research coming out that says it is okay for men.
Soy is a special vegetable protein in that it has all the amino acids and even more glutamine and arginine than Whey...Hope this helps.

its very true; in the EAST they eat so much tofu and soy products that you never hear of female menopause. Strangly the brest cancer rate is low too.

Well look at it this way.. Nolvadex resembles estrogen as well, does it give you gyno or any undesirable estrogenic side effects? No. In rare ceses yes, but those are very very rare. Same for soy and soy isolate. New research shows it may be used as a weak ani estrogen in bodybuilding.

Bump for more opinions. I think the worry is overrated. Some estrogen is essential for building mass anyways. I doubt a vegetable could have much effect on your overall levels.

td1111 said:
Bump for more opinions. I think the worry is overrated. Some estrogen is essential for building mass anyways. I doubt a vegetable could have much effect on your overall levels.

Mmmmm It was years age maybe they have proved other wies by now

Brad.

Top Bottom