Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

soreness from squats

fishstick

every week, for 3-4 days after squating my thighs are in sooooo much pain. granted, it's all muscle pain (not injury type), but they are extremely sore. such that complex tasks like walking up and down the stairs, getting out of my car, and sitting down on the toilet just about kill me.

my leg workout is 2 working sets of 8-10 reps of parallel squats, and 2 sets of stiff leg dead lifts once a week (i do regular deads on another day).

with me, no other body part gets nearly this sore, not even after regular deads.

does this happen to everyone else? am i a mutant? or a wimp? :bawling:

thoughts?

wimp sorry 4 sets of legs and ur that sore please u wouldnt survive my leg workout then
to ease soreness tho, stretch after lifting, take some vitamin c, the reason u are so sore is because of lactic acid buildup so u want to get rid of it asfast as possible i reccomend stretching and cardio and or walking

If you're getting that sore from a less-than-strenuous leg workout, I'll assume you're just starting to do legs.

Ask any of the big boys, when you first start to really work your legs, you're gonna be sore as hell for a longer period of time. Best you can do for now is just suck it up. Keep up the leg workouts, but add to them. You need to do more than you're doing now.

You're legs should always be sore after leg day, but as long as you keep at it, it won't last as long.

Short version, keep it up but quit your cryin'! :)

yup... stretch and keep up with the leg workouts... as time goes on they'll hurt less and less.... i find if i skip a leg workout i pay for it the next one... so i know i'd better get my ass in there and not miss a single one!!! (you'll still hurt a little, but it will be nothing like that more than a month off getting back at it pain... )

It's absolutely normal to be that sore if you hit legs with the right intensity. I've been training for years and my legs still get very sore after every leg day...sometimes up til 3 or 4 days afterward until I feel no soreness at all.

Just pay attention to getting lots of rest and eating right and the rest of it will take care of itself. Lots of pain (even outside the gym) is part of the game. :rolleyes:

thanks all for the feedback - to a degree, i am just getting back into it. i took a couple of years off from squating because i was doing triathlons (started back squating in february this year).

i know, i know, what was i thinking!

anyway, i'm back up to 315 (body weight 180 - 6' tall) for my two work sets.

i think for the next month or to, i'll stay at that weight, do a bunch of stretching, and work on adding some additional sets.

thanks again,

wimpy fishstick:fro:

Top Bottom