Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sometimes my form be shitty

jaytaylor84

is it ok for instance if my form is off a bit when adding to my squat.. for instance i still try to keep my back as straight as possible, my feet about shoulder width, and i try to go as low as possible, not quite with my ass touching the back of my calves but on the up i may lean to one side a bit.. my right.. i think due to my weak rotator cuff.. which im currently working on.. i guess what im asking is how many of you use absolute perfect form..is it possible 100% of the time? does it matter if its just a tad bit off?

You are going to hurt yourself. You need to lower the weight until you can get your form corrected. Your leaning and could definitely suffer serious injury.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

If you're leaning to one side then your spine is experiencing lateral flexion and most likely some rotation which means you are putting yourself at risk.

Have you tried a wider stance?

Post up some vids for form check....not just so everyone can bash u and say ur squats suck but sombody might have an idea what the weak link may be causing the form isue and suggest some aux excersise...

I dont think my forms ever been perfect, but im always looking for was to improve it and make it better....

Good luck bro

thanks guys for the help.. i will scale the weight down a bit and make sure i dont lean.. like i said before i have rotator cuff impingement on the right side though ive been rehabbing it, i stretch my entire body before and after hitting the compounds and i also do Medhi's shoulder dislocator exercises which is significantly helping it..ive been using dumbbells also on any kind of pressing exercise to clear up that little imbalance and its working too... i didnt think leaning a bit to one side would constitute too much of a problem but i guess it does

There's two ways your form can be "off": 1)you can be using safe, but suboptimal form; or 2) you can be using unsafe form.

These lists are not in any way comprehensive:

Thing's like not going low enough, excessive forward lean, some knee drift toward middle/not pressing your knees out, butt wink, feet not optimally placed or rotated, etc are not going to get you hurt, they will just limit how much weight you can do and/or strength/hypertrophy gains. Most people start doing some of these things as they start getting toward max weights. Very few, if any, people are doing "flawless" form squats on max or near max attempts.

For what it's worth, my recollection is that you just recently started doing SL5x5, so you shouldn't really be at a point where you are attempting max weights.

On the other hand, things like having the bar placed asymmetrically on your back, leaning to one side or the other, torquing to one side or the other, losing arch/tightness or rounding in your upper or lower back, putting the bar on your cervical spine, serious degrees of knee cave-in, etc are going to not only limit the weight you can do, but also put you at risk for injury.

ok thank you so much.. i guess i will just stop making excuses and get it down perfect then progress back from there

Like i said video it and do it with a weight thats heavy enough to efect form like 85-95%
thats how you will find the weak spots. Lowering the weight and doing what u think is perfect form wont solve much and when u work back up u will jave the same problem.
Check out elitefts.com and watch some vidieos.

is it ok for instance if my form is off a bit when adding to my squat.. for instance i still try to keep my back as straight as possible, my feet about shoulder width, and i try to go as low as possible, not quite with my ass touching the back of my calves but on the up i may lean to one side a bit.. my right.. i think due to my weak rotator cuff.. which im currently working on.. i guess what im asking is how many of you use absolute perfect form..is it possible 100% of the time? does it matter if its just a tad bit off?

You want to try to keep it as good as possible but 'cheating' is ok as long as avoid getting injured.

Top Bottom