Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some help?

JKurz1

Banned
Got posed this question in the gym today by a man in his mid-30's and wasnt sure hw to respond. Stumped me! Apparently, he was natty for 10 years, then did some light experimentation with AAS for about 3. Nothing serious, but at his peak, he was about 6'1 and 230 with maybe 12%bf. Pretty strong (325 for 3-4reps), squat around 4 plates. Anyways, he got married and although he continued to train hard daily, quit AAS, really watched his calorie intake and cranked the cardio. Now he's about 180, in great shape at 6-7%bf year round but very weak (185lb for 10, prob. 250 max). Question was, is it possible for him to ever get back to where he was and how? I asked him about his diet and this is what it looked like.

Wake - cardio
6:30- 3/4 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 scoop protein.
9:30 - tuna on 2 pieces of flax bread, 1 cup milk w/ coffee
12:00 Huge salad, 7oz chicken, some veggies
230 - carb sense bar, 1/2 cup c.cheese, some sf jello
400 - Train
530 - 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup c.chheese, veggies
900 - Casein shake, skim, veggies and about 4 big handfulls of shelled peanuts.....thoughts?

Thanks for reading...karma!

it appears that his dinner is severly lacking...no meat?

What kind of workout does he do now, 3 days a week, 4, 5, etc.

Maybe too much cardio and not switching things up enough? My guess is that his routine has become quite stagnant.

he trains heavy, no bsing, 5 days a week............I've seen your diet haus, advise on training, not on dinner....lol.............I'm joking, I know his cals are low........nothing to do with his routine.......

JKurz1 said:
he trains heavy, no bsing, 5 days a week............I've seen your diet haus, advise on training, not on dinner....lol.............I'm joking, I know his cals are low........nothing to do with his routine.......

Nice one on the diet, SMARTASS.

I think there are various different methods he could utilize. I still love the 3 sets of 10 at the same weight for large muscle groups, especially chest. He could always try 5x5. Or...start a new thing i am about to start...go heavy barbell one week while repping on incline barbell and vice versa the following week. This idea was brought to my attention from a guy who use to roid 10 years ago. He absolutely loved it and got the most out of it.

The guy could always redefine his workouts/order too.

I kinda need more of an idea as to what he is doing now to really make a good recommendation.

p.s. columbus this weekend?

Top Bottom