Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sodium

sodium is both good and bad- too much and you hold water- not enough and your stength and endurance fall.

this is an oversimplification, but amount of sodium reccomended will have less to do with wieght than muscle mass. ie 200lb person with 20%body fat will need less sodium than a 200lb person with 10%.
peace

Let me revise the question. I watch my diet very closely- counting carbs, fat, calories & protein. I have never paid attention to my sodium intake. I know it can make you hold water and being female, I don't need any help doing that! I am just asking for a recommended amount for 5'4", 112 lbs.:)

The official recommended intake is 2000mg sodium per day. This is equivalent to 5 grams of salt (sodium chloride). I believe this is considered the maximum daily intake rather than the minimum.

Really, a better way to approach sodium intake is to avoid processed foods and don't add salt to anything you prepare. A balanced diet of unprocessed meats, fruits, whole grains and veggies has plenty of sodium for good health.

Worry about sodium 36 hrs out from a show or if you have essential hypertension and have to restrict it in your diet. Otherwise, keep it in your diet and even add it to food in the summer if you work outside or sweat alot. Without sodium, you fatigue and cramp easily and will not rehydrate properly. If you increase your sodium intake, you'll only hold water for a few days then come into sodium balance, then you'll drop the water. If you don't add sodium (at least the RDA) into your diet, you'll be really sensitive to it and blow up even with small amounts. These morons I see at the gym that run around with distilled water year round wonder why they cramp up and feel like shit all the time. Hmmmmmm.........

W6

Top Bottom