Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

So I may rescue this dog this week.

I didn't rescue one but I took over one from a friend that was not trained one bit.. it takes a lot of patience but pays off in the end
 
They're working dogs, so they like being trained. Mine is seven and he has fun when I work with him on obedience. I just didn't know if it's because of our relationship or whatever. Her color and markings are like his, she looks healthy. Kind of excited.
 
cool. i suppose you're getting ready to score some p00n?

when you're out with that dog and ladies come over to say hello and pet her, once you mention that you rescued her from a shelter...be ready for chicks to drop on that dick.

or gay dudes as well, you know, whatever you like.
 
jackangel said:
cool. i suppose you're getting ready to score some p00n?

when you're out with that dog and ladies come over to say hello and pet her, once you mention that you rescued her from a shelter...be ready for chicks to drop on that dick.

or gay dudes as well, you know, whatever you like.


I just love dogs. Dobes are my favorite, and she looks like a sweet kid. I could use some p00n, but my current situation is keeping me from getting said p00n.
 
chewyxrage said:
So she is about 3 years old already - how long do Dobes usually live?

She has some nice color/markings.


Up to 12 years old. Mine is seven and still in good shape. Arthritis is getting him a little, but I just keep him active and give him glucosamine. He's the best dog I've ever seen.

4v6r60w.jpg


4kkkw9f.jpg
 
jnevin said:
Up to 12 years old. Mine is seven and still in good shape. Arthritis is getting him a little, but I just keep him active and give him glucosamine. He's the best dog I've ever seen.

4v6r60w.jpg


4kkkw9f.jpg


nice....dobermans and chimay red

this man has some taste.
 
jnevin said:
Fourth one down. She looks like such a sweet pup and I think my dog could kind of help train her. Anyone ever rescued a dog before? The only thing that concerns me is re-training a big dog.

http://www.utahdobes.org/augies.htm#DOBES
I've rescued nearly all my dogs and it's totally worth it. They usually end up catching on really quickly and they show you love that a dog from a breeder may not show you because of the past of a rescued dog (at least with my experience, that is).

Do it! BIG karma points, my friend (real karma). And you will not regret it. :) You will be saving a life. No reward greater.
 
jh1 said:
Those dogs are evil children eating killers.


Whatever. I could honestly put mine in a room with 10 screaming toddlers that are grabbing his feet and ears and know they'd be fine. Maybe stepped on accidentally, but he's never snap at them. Cats, dead. But I can trust him with people.
 
jnevin said:
Whatever. I could honestly put mine in a room with 10 screaming toddlers that are grabbing his feet and ears and know they'd be fine. Maybe stepped on accidentally, but he's never snap at them. Cats, dead. But I can trust him with people.


Nope. They are evil children eating monsters.
 
I love dobies. They are very sweet and very good guard dogs. Just be careful about strangers coming in the yard and stuff. They tend to guard even when you don't want them to do so.
 
heatherrae said:
I love dobies. They are very sweet and very good guard dogs. Just be careful about strangers coming in the yard and stuff. They tend to guard even when you don't want them to do so.


Mine is fine with it as long as they don't act wierd. I don't have much foot traffic at this house and the meters are outside of his fence. I won't know how a new one would be though. He just constantly patrolls the house and yard and plopps down in the sun. Gets up, repeats. All damn day. He's almost as high strung as I am.
 
jnevin said:
Mine is fine with it as long as they don't act wierd. I don't have much foot traffic at this house and the meters are outside of his fence. I won't know how a new one would be though. He just constantly patrolls the house and yard and plopps down in the sun. Gets up, repeats. All damn day. He's almost as high strung as I am.
yeah, dobies are very diligent. They were bred to guard and they are excellent at it.

I had a dobie bite a peeping tom once and a rottie bit the meter man once. Both times the other people admitted that they were at fault. The meter man jumped the fence even when I was home, despite the fact that I had beware of the dog signs up. If he would have knocked on the door and had me take him out there the dog would not have bothered him. When he jumped the fence, the rottie thought he was shady and ran him up a tree...lol.
 
jh1 said:
Nope. They are evil children eating monsters.
It's the owner not the dog, my friend. :) Any dog can be an "evil children eating monster," if it has a bad owner who never socializes it or trains it.

I have had shepherds all my life and not once have we ever had an issue with kids. Heck the neighborhood kids come over and ring our bell and ask if the "police dogs," (LOL) can come out to play... we let them out and don't even need to watch...

Yaye for sheps.
 
yes, get your baby a buddy.

and if the training is a concern then take him to some training classes. I've heard that those are very smart dogs so I don't think you would have a problem and I don't think that the classes are very much at all....our local feed store has tons of people every Monday night in the parking lot training.
 
ksharp01 said:
yes, get your baby a buddy.

and if the training is a concern then take him to some training classes. I've heard that those are very smart dogs so I don't think you would have a problem and I don't think that the classes are very much at all....our local feed store has tons of people every Monday night in the parking lot training.


I'm good at training dogs, it's just an issue of time. I can leave work for a few hours a day and just work a little later, so if I have to I will. I just wonder about having her in a crate while my boy can go wherever he wants. If that will create any tension or whatever.
 
jnevin said:
I'm good at training dogs, it's just an issue of time. I can leave work for a few hours a day and just work a little later, so if I have to I will. I just wonder about having her in a crate while my boy can go wherever he wants. If that will create any tension or whatever.


You have to seperate them if one is crated.. from what I know.




Which is nothing.
 
jnevin said:
I'm good at training dogs, it's just an issue of time. I can leave work for a few hours a day and just work a little later, so if I have to I will. I just wonder about having her in a crate while my boy can go wherever he wants. If that will create any tension or whatever.

I wonder about that myself. My current baby stays outside during they day (tried to keep inside but no matter what she finds shit to chew on, chewing the hill off of my 100 hooker boots was the last straw) :)
well, anyway I got this new baby and I bring him in and put him in a crate during the day and my other baby looks at me like wtf?? why does he get to go inside and not me :whatever:
I just make sure that I give my older baby lots and lots of love when I get home and gives her treats to make up for it. Oh and the older baby gets to sleep with mom while the baby sleeps in the crate.
At night when I put the baby in the crate and he starts whinning..my older baby runs around it and sniffs..I can almost hear her saying "now what, ninney ninney boo boo, mom loves me more than you"
lol
 
my older baby didn't like this new baby AT ALL at first but its only been a month and now they play and both sleep in my lap while watching tv. She's coming around because I think she knows that I still love her and I make sure I give her lots of love. :heart:

hell, she better get over it because she was a WAl-mart baby and the new baby cost me 500.00 :)
 
jnevin said:
Phuk it. Maybe I'll keep the place and pull all of the carpets out.
Or for now, if you have an area (like the kitchen) that isn't carpeted, you can keep him there until he is trained. So if you work with him little by little and the other dog helps train him, too .. I don't see how that wouldn't work out.

But then again you never know. LOL. We never crate my dogs... they'd flip. :) Plus, there really is no reason for us to.
 
ksharp01 said:
my older baby didn't like this new baby AT ALL at first but its only been a month and now they play and both sleep in my lap while watching tv. She's coming around because I think she knows that I still love her and I make sure I give her lots of love. :heart:

hell, she better get over it because she was a WAl-mart baby and the new baby cost me 500.00 :)


Well my boy weighs 108 lbs and she looks around 60-65 lbs, so they better not romp too much. Last thing I want is to come home to a smoking TV smashed on the floor and two innocent doe eyed faces looking at me like they don't know what happened.
 
jnevin said:
Well my boy weighs 108 lbs and she looks around 60-65 lbs, so they better not romp too much. Last thing I want is to come home to a smoking TV smashed on the floor and two innocent doe eyed faces looking at me like they don't know what happened.

I know exactly what you mean.....I had adopted a lab that destroyed my house...I have told that story before so I won't go into it agian but it was bad!
big dogs=big damage
 
Top Bottom