Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Severe hernia/ changing workout style

titan927

I was doing 800lb leg press Wednesday. was going down for 1st rep of ten when pressing up I felt the worse pain ever. I thought my pelvis shattered. I had to be carried out of the gym in a stretcher by paramedics. After the hospital gave me an ultrasound they said I have hernia. I have not heard any stories as severe as mine. I am bruised all over my upper quads, lower stomach, and even my junk is purple. Has anyone have any experience with this type on injury? And how long did recovery take? I am told surgery will be mandatory.

This is my 5th visit to the emergency room in a year. I had 3 pec tears with weight between 405-500, and a bulged disc from a 620 dead-lift that left me no being able to walk for 5 days. I have been lifting for 16 years, I am now 32 years old. I always use good form, warm up properly, and properly hydrate. It seems the past year my body is not able to take power-lifting style bodybuilding.

I was thinking of taking a Phil Heath style approach next. he uses mostly hammer-strength and machines for 8-15 reps. For most of my big foundation lifts i usually stay in the 1-4 rep range for bench (405-495lbs), shoulder press (275-315lbs), dead-lifts (405-600lbs). I have had great success lifting this way for the last 15 years, i doubled my body weight, and got my body-fat to around 10% year round. I am now going to gear my diet and training to bodybuilding vs body-power lifting. Can I expect similar physical results going to a more Phil heath training style? Any feedback on any of this is appreciated. My stats: 5'7", 200lbs, 10-12% body-fat. Thanks. (I included a pic of my injury today, 4 days after it happened)

Top Bottom