Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Semi-homemade chili.

bishonen

Great for bulking. Makes appx. 10-11 servings. Nutritional info based on 11. All nutritional numbers are estimates and probably slightly over the true value due to the nature of cooking. Except the protein. :)

Oh, and you'll need a really big pot to make this in one batch.

Calories: 510
Total Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
Cholesterol: 160 mg
Sodium: 1398 mg
Potassium: 96 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 59 g
Dietary Fiber: 15 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 46 g

6.5 cups unpeeled crushed tomatoes (Redpack Unpeeled Crushed Tomatoes with Thick Tomato Puree)
5.375 cups red kidney beans (Hanover Redskin Kidney Beans)
2 large green peppers
2 large onions
64oz ground turkey
Spices (chili powder, indian red pepper, hot sauces, etc.)

Drain juice off kidney beans, mix with ground turkey and tomatoes.
Core and slice green peppers, mix with diced onions. Puree. Mix puree into other ingredients. Drain fluids off puree for a less 'soupy' chili.
Cook on a stove on high heat while frequently mixing to prevent burning of meat.
Add spices to taste.
Divide portions and freeze for later use. Freezing does change the taste fairly dramatically (for the better, I might add) so beware!

Things to try:
1) Fresh tomatoes and kidney beans. Due to my not buying my own food, I basically end up with whatever is cheapest. The canned kidney beans are in a water/corn syrup/salt liquid amalgam, which is why they're drained. Hence the carb rating likely being inflated.
2) Switch the meat up. (catch my picture..) Venison :)P) is also awesome in this recipe. If you can afford leaner meats or hunt yourself, this would probably be the best bet. Try beef, bison, emu, etc.
3) Add protein powder. Soy works great (it's tasteless) though it's the only one I've tried. If you do this, you might not want to drain the vegetable puree. As anyone who has cooked with protein powder (or maybe just soy, it's the only one I've used) knows, it tends to suck up a LOT of water. I'd have added it to the recipe, but I don't have any handy at the moment.
4) Drop or substitute something else for the kidney beans. They are a staple part of this recipe, but they account for about half the calories and nearly all of the carbs. Works great for bulking, maybe not so much for cutting. :)

Hope somebody tries this. Hope people start posting their own delicious recipes!

Top Bottom