Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Second guessing diets is the pits!! YIKES! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Ghede

Simple Kind of Man
Platinum
Posted this on another forum, but I could really use as much input as you all are willing to share.

'tis the season to watch most folks i know second guess their pre-comp diets to the 9th degree: no bueno.

I am trying to cull together every possible variation on contest prep diets/pre-contest dieting as it pertains to the special needs of women.

In terms of import, i am working my way from:

1. Last Week Prep/Diet
2. Last Month
4. 16 Weeks Out

ANY and ALL links or plans that might fit into one/all of the above, PLEASE hook an old bald diet-nerd up, will ya?

'When you get: give. When you learn: teach.'

No one can answer that until you get some specific info....

weight

weight class you will be entering

body fat

gear usage(if applicable)

shoot me a pm

Ghede said:
Posted this on another forum, but I could really use as much input as you all are willing to share.

'tis the season to watch most folks i know second guess their pre-comp diets to the 9th degree: no bueno.

I am trying to cull together every possible variation on contest prep diets/pre-contest dieting as it pertains to the special needs of women.

In terms of import, i am working my way from:

1. Last Week Prep/Diet
2. Last Month
4. 16 Weeks Out

ANY and ALL links or plans that might fit into one/all of the above, PLEASE hook an old bald diet-nerd up, will ya?

'When you get: give. When you learn: teach.'
You said variation so I am assuming you mean for all shapes sizes, bodytypes ... etc... This thread screams Sassy ... :)

I would help if I could .. very interesting to see what others have to say & see if they post up though for sure ...

There are lots of little tweaks you can do - I can't do much right now as my interview days are starting. Will get back when I get a chance.

Shads,

Its more of a series of guidlines and plans rather than specific calorie/macro numbers that i was thinking of...

Carb up thursday? or friday?

Distilled water or not.

last week training plans...

I know that to really pinpoint an individuals needs, one must have individual info, but i have so many clients/friends that are competing that have such WILDLY different ways of approaching contest prep i thought it would be of use to the board members here, as well as to me and mine, to have a thread that held a serious cross section of detailed contest prep 'schemes' or 'plans'....

ya know, like that...

Carb ups for me are beterr starting on Wednesday, I did 2 shows where I began on the Thursday and I looked better at least 6 hours later.

There's also fat loading which works good for some and not so good for others. ME it doesn't really matter.

Hoteacher has a very detailed Log going up to her show.. may want to check there Ghede.

People sometimes pay for his/her prep so may be a bit reluctant to share the info, with respect to his/her trainer etc ... just the take I've gotten in the past , but I understand what you are trying to get at here with this thread ...

I am curious to hear about your clients/friends & the WILDLY different ways of approaching contest prep they have encountered :)

Honestly the best answer IMHO is it is all user dependant you really don't know until you try. Sure there are some basic outlines but in general this all needs to be tweaked as they go to what the specific person responds too. I am always amazed to see and read other people comp prep diets. If it is the first comp prep I suggest starting 20 weeks out.

Dude,

I just realized......never mind.

General stuff:

Assuming the show is on Saturday - midday:

Carb-up Wed, Thurs, Fri - possible sat - No cardio - no weights...posing only

Carb depelete the Sunday, monday, tuesday b4 the show - circuit training to drop glycogen

Distilled water form 2 weeks out

Drop all preservative art sweetners etc 3-4 weeks out.

I prefer a 40p/30c/30f YEAR round - at 11-12 cals to cut until 4 weeks from show.

Carb rotation at 4 weeks out - 2 days "normal" - 2 days high(1.5 normal) - 3 days low(1/2 normal) - with no change in other macros

The Shadow said:
Dude,

I just realized......never mind.

Yep. Same recipe, just better. :lmao:, you know...

General stuff:

Assuming the show is on Saturday - midday:

Carb-up Wed, Thurs, Fri - possible sat - No cardio - no weights...posing only

Carb depelete the Sunday, monday, tuesday b4 the show - circuit training to drop glycogen

Distilled water form 2 weeks out

Drop all preservative art sweetners etc 3-4 weeks out.

I prefer a 40p/30c/30f YEAR round - at 11-12 cals to cut until 4 weeks from show.

Carb rotation at 4 weeks out - 2 days "normal" - 2 days high(1.5 normal) - 3 days low(1/2 normal) - with no change in other macros

Thats cool. Gracias, hombre.

Top Bottom