Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Routine for mass specifically.

PJuice

Iv been lifting for 10 years now and religiously for the last 7. Currently I'm 180 lbs, 5'7" and about 15% BF. I wanted to gain some insight on what routines have worked best for u guys specifically for gaining size. My strength is way out of proportion for my size. I'm a perfect example of strength not Being equivalent to size.
I can bench 315 for 5 reps, squat 455 for 5-7 reps and do millitarys with 105 lb dumbbells for 5-7 reps. Iv tried to incorporate many training techniques rep ranges and lifting splits but still I struggle to put on size. I was hoping for some fresh ideas on training that is focused soley on size. Any suggestions??

How's your diet?

Those are decent numbers so your strength is there. Maybe you're under eating?

Same problem here. I know I train properly because strength always increases. I'm 6'3 220 which imo is too small.,I get strange looks when I'm consistently using 100+ lb dumbells. It's 99% likely diet. I've been reading some things about ghrp6 for appetite.

to build mass you need to tear down the muscle fibers which is not the case to get stronger......you need to isolate the muscles you want to grow ,work them with as many reps needed with strict form to bring them to complete failure and try to do 1 or 2 extra reps with assistance or cheating.....then feed those muscles with protein 2 grams per pound of lean mass and rest enough to fully recover and hit them again

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

My diet is pretty solid. I'm holding some fat now, and I got fat by trying to eat enough calories to grow. I put in an extreme effort this winter. This has been a long fought battle for me. When I eat to grow, and I'm anal with my diet, the place that grows the most is my gut. Iv found a 50/30/20 macro split works the best for me so far. I know now I'm not going to be able to put on mass now that I'm dieting but I'm trying to plan my routine for when I get back to my desirable BF.

to build mass you need to tear down the muscle fibers which is not the case to get stronger......you need to isolate the muscles you want to grow ,work them with as many reps needed with strict form to bring them to complete failure and try to do 1 or 2 extra reps with assistance or cheating.....then feed those muscles with protein 2 grams per pound of lean mass and rest enough to fully recover and hit them again

What rep range do u usually work in?

10 to 12 reps does it for me pretty much if I do lower reps my form suffers.....I like doing my reps slow and controlled visualizing the muscle I am working on.....constant tension on the muscle throughout the reps

Top Bottom