Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

RMR test accuracy??

chrissycoff

was not sure where to post this question, but figured it may get the most hits here. I am female, 34y/o 5'4, 100#, been gaining weight at the rate of about 0.5lb per week on 2300 calories for the past about 4 months. i weight lift 4 days a week, no cardio.

I decided to get an RMR test done with the NewLeaf breath test at a local facility. The results make NO SENSE. The results say that my RMR is 987! even with the highest activity factor multiplied on this, I would MAINTAIN weight at roughly 1400 cals a day..... Um, i have been gaining 0.5lb a week on 2300?!?! I was resting, had fasted beforehand, etc etc. What do i make of this??? Does anyone have any insight? I was fully expecting the RMR to be at least 1200, maybe closer to 1300. Also, they tested my BF using the handheld thing, and it came out to 10%...again, WTF? whay would the RMR be so low with a low BF?

TIA

its just an estimate, i would not use it as gospel. at your size its possible those figures are accurate. the handheld body fat estimate is not 100% accurate and it is dependent on inputting your correct stats or the results will fluctuate

Top Bottom