Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Riskybizz......???

gymtime

Got a question for you bro, what's a good supp for joint pain, or joint protection for that matter? Other than aspirin, anti-inflamatories, that kinda thing.

wsup Gymtime?
I've never taken joint support supplements. I'm 24, don't know if that has much to do w/ it. I train w/ people older than me and i can tell you what they take.
Chrondriton (sp) and i heard MSM w/ Glucosamine is the best. They tell me to take it to prevent future problems but i don't want to shelve the cash. Also i heard in order for glucosamine to work you need to take it religiously for over a month, versus the MSM starts to work much sooner. Chrondriton heard it's not all that great.
I have sometimes a problem w/ my left shoulder. When this happens i take time off lifts like shoulder press and bench press. This could be due to one part of your body growing faster than another part. So instead i'll focus more on other parts of my body and allow myself to recover. If you have shoulder problems, (i read this on testosterone.net BTW) do rows. I'd say it's definately helped. Also try really to warm up that joint and muscle really good before even your warm up set. ie shoulder joint exercises (the ones you use a 5 or 10 pound dumbell) these really help a lot as well.

Not too much my friend, hope all's going well with you. Thanks for the info! I will check those out. Glucosamine sounds like a sugar/carb thing, is it?

At the ripe old age of 33, I've been pretty lucky in the joint department; shoulders and knees are fine. But for the last few months I've been doing reverse grip skull crushers. I'm kind of an arm guy and I really like them. But the elbows have had about enough of that. And I've been starting to feel it in all my tri excercises.

And you're right, also need to pay more attention to warmups/stretching.

24 huh? Just a pup :D You won't have to worry about this crap for years yet. Save your money for beer. Thanks bro!!

lol bro i'm good. thanks. As far as glucosamine being a sugar thing, i heard that once in diet boards but i think it's more of a rumor. It was never clarified as far as i know. But i know you gotta take it more than a month for sure. Some say it takes 6-8weeks before you notice the change.
About your elbow problem. That stuff happens to me too when i do skullcrushers and french press (i think thats what its called). For my size i have really big arms too, and i feel that tightness on my elbow. I know stretching is good and it's a pain in the ass as well, but it helps.
What someone recommended to me was to do skull crushers every other week b/c they placed too much stress on the elbows. And i would say that's helped a lot as well.
Good luck bro

Top Bottom